E30 trailing arm/subframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 trailing arm/subframe

Was going to rebuild my e30 rear end. And was wondering if there was any variances in-between the trailing arms and subframes over the years and model's. Or if they're all interchangeable. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

318ti trailing arms bolt up and are 5*120 lug
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Going to be keeping everything stock. Have damage on the subframe and trailing arms that's why I was asking about the interchangeablity. Sorry for not clarifying that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Early model 325e and 318i have smaller wheel bearings, their trailing arms are different. Non-ABS cars will have different hubs and lack the drilled bosses in the control arms for the wheel speed sensors. Not sure about the rear sub frame itself.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

• benwalsh91
          benwalsh91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you know what the diameter of the smaller wheel bearings are? as i will be replacing mine in the near future. i have found FAG wheel bearings which i have heard are the go to brand to get but after seeing your post about the early 325e being smaller..

i have an 85 325e early model (US spec) car. the FAG wheel bearings are the below size:
          outer diameter: 75mm
          inner diameter: 42mm
          width: 37mm

part number 713 6493 00

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
        X