My M10 Turbo (warning to 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Deagle View Post
    the m10 block cant accept M3 sized pistons, unless you get a good block, im assuming that that is the problem, we will have to wait for what he has to say
    Gotcha, well I have to say I am excited to see this thread! If there is a thread dedicated specifically what rods/bolts/pistons/gasket for m10 work correctly and will handle boost, maybe 250-300whp please point me to it as I plan on purchasing an extra m10 to get it build properly for this purpose.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      Please explain this - " used custom 86mm crank and 92mm mahle pistons, but I have serious problems with cracking blocks."
      Stock bore of 1,8l m10 engine is 89mm

I have custom build 2,3l m10 engine in my 1985 318i. The engine has custom made 86mm stroke crank shaft(some 50 of those cranks were made in Finland on late 80's and early 90's). Block is bored to 92mm(piston are orinally ment for vw aricooled boxer engine). I've build that engine combination twice, both times my block has cracked, extreme bore makes block flexy and heat exapsion makes the head bolt holes(yes head holes, not cylinders) to crack to coolant passages.

I'm planing to use "antique" m10 block from 1970's, it has same dimensions but it weights like 15kg more than 1980's 318i block or reduce bore to 90,5mm, but with 86mm stroke crank and 90,5mm bore wouldn't allow me to use high rpms.

After I find combination that will hold together, I'll be charging that stroker...
      Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
      BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
      BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
      BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
        Stock bore of 1,8l m10 engine is 89mm
        I'm planing to use "antique" m10 block from 1970's, it has same dimensions but it weights like 15kg more than 1980's 318i block or reduce bore to 90,5mm, but with 86mm stroke crank and 90,5mm bore wouldn't allow me to use high rpms.

After I find combination that will hold together, I'll be charging that stroker...
        I always thought the older blocks "looked" thicker, my block is from 1978 with 91mm pistons no problems yet, even with nitrous.
        Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

the m10 block cant accept M3 sized pistons, unless you get a good block, im assuming that that is the problem, we will have to wait for what he has to say
          The S14 used 93.355mm pistons like my early euro M30. 92mm pistons came in M30B34s and B35s.
          '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
            The S14 used 93.355mm pistons like my early euro M30. 92mm pistons came in M30B34s and B35s.
            I thought that he was using an m3 crank and pistons to get the 2.3 liters, i didnt know that he had a custom crank for it......thats why i was said i was assuming it.

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
              I always thought the older blocks "looked" thicker, my block is from 1978 with 91mm pistons no problems yet, even with nitrous.
              They are beefier for sure, hope that it'll make difference.

BTW what stroke are you using Good & Tight?

Stroke/bore ratio will be quite bad with 90,5/86 combo.
              Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
              BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
                They are beefier for sure, hope that it'll make difference.

BTW what stroke are you using Good & Tight?

Stroke/bore ratio will be quite bad with 90,5/86 combo.
                80mm stroke, it's the stock 2.0 crank.
                Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

All of the stainless header fab work is done, from fitting and the wastegate (porsche 930) it just needs to be welded

Comment

if anyone needs an S14 crank I have one ready to go.

$250 shipped!

Comment

the s14 crank is the way to go in an m10 engine IMO, it is a total beast crank

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
                        80mm stroke, it's the stock 2.0 crank.
                        I have stock 2.0 crank on my other car(well it's realy a 1976 520i complete engine), I realy want that stroker to work, has been such effort already.
                        Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                        BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

mr deagle, this car is going to be the shit. you do some of the craziest shit with ~110 hp, with ~318 hp you are going to actually scare the shit outta me. we will have tons of fun. just finish the damn thing already!

Comment

i just need to get some cans of energy drink, and weld all day and the header will be done, then work on the wiring harness, then dyno it, then put it all back together

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Deagle View Post
                              i just need to get some cans of energy drink, and weld all day and the header will be done, then work on the wiring harness, then dyno it, then put it all back together

muthafucka, hurry the hell up! i am tiredof waiting for the beast to be ready to pwn sti's, z06's and everything faster than those.....oh hell just hurry the hell up! lol.

p.s. check out the compressed air topic. i totally got your back.

Comment

yup, im showing off my low iq here too

Comment

Working...
                                X