Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Home made project.....M88/3.7 E30 M3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Home made project.....M88/3.7 E30 M3.

Well I will be the builder on 98% of the car...all wrenches will be turned by me in my driveway.

OK it has begun the beginning of the end:( .....follow my story line on my final
    project!:devillook.....this one will take a little bit of time because I will be building this on the old faithful BARTER SYSTEM:redspot

After some good old fashioned bartering between friends with needs....we came to a compromise and arragngement. I give up my 3 clunkers 2 euro 635's and my euro E28 M535 shell and a few engine parts I had no use for, in exchange for this M3. Deal done and signed in BLOOD...lol here is the exchange as it happened...Deal complete E30 M3 cost $0.00 (can't beat that)

Here is what she looks like and the trade in progress...

This is the lump thats going in......a donor from a fire car.....(how can I say no to that) the car was totally destroyed in a house fire so no telling what I will find as I break the motor apart...

Whats in the works for this car only the future knows....I am not gonna speculate nor am I gonna insinuate. All I kow I plan to build it with my hand and it will be better than The original E30 M3 I had before.

on a side note and shameless plug:

I passed my entrance test for my fabrication classes with all 100%:alright so looks like I will be really getting behind the scenes....I will be looking for a few donor cars in a few months.....:evil2

another project day....while the wife was resting asleep from her meds after I doctored her :(, I decided to tear the rest of the motor down......

from the looks of the head gasket the motor was in good shape..
    I inspected it closely and it appears that it was a recent install prior to the fire...no signs of severe wear or aging..

Now the cylinder walls are fine just discoloured from the water and fire solvent....but all together is good...

The head is in great shape also....I will change the Seals when I clean her up....I am so excited..

Well the guts of the block is out and overall once again the motor was in a good healthy state......

Tommorrow I tackle that goddamn CRANK NUT!!!!

I got my valve spring tool and took the head apart today.....not a hard task just time consuming if done wrong......overall the tear down was fairly easy ...but very knowledge filled.....

Pic of the valve spring tool in action:alright

Not a bad looking set of plugs for a fire motor......

Not bad for a preliminary clean huh......:D

The empty block ....cylinder walls look good.......
    just to clean her up a tad bit

Crank is in good shape.......:redspot

Here are a few shots of a work in progress....of a total home build. I have given this little Minx a name the Jargermeister why that name? Take a guess......This week I will start the test painting of the front bumber to see if I like the color, if I get enough time I may very well test fit the motor to chassis also....[/B]

A little mock fit before the real thing and breaking down the block.

Grimey and dirty.....

[B]Now nice and clean, primed up and painted.....

Block almost complete....this is such therapy.....:help

And as of today Project Jargermeister's motor is complete.:buttrock:redspot

Now I can clean up and get set for the install and fabrication phase.!!

But you can follow the progress here:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2638465/1

You're bonkers. 3.7L M88 and turbo?!

'88 325is
    VP UT of Austin Autoholics
    BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Orange bumper looking good over at the cardomain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC View Post
        You're bonkers. 3.7L M88 and turbo?!

Actually a GT45 turbo...:firehop:

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          Orange bumper looking good over at the cardomain.
          Aaahhhh you saw that huh ;) take a guess...

Comment

Originally posted by e34biturbo View Post
            Aaahhhh you saw that huh ;) take a guess...
            I think your gonna go for the rest of the car. Can't wait to see this on the road. I'd venture to say it will be well worth what you traded for it. I do however think the multi-thread is a bit much, maybe merge them so it's all in one place.

Comment

that looks like it's gonna be a fun project, awesome

Comment

I'm confused by the title, it looks like you have a Motorsport engine, whats an m88?

Comment

I just found out

Comment

Originally posted by abepark View Post
                    I'm confused by the title, it looks like you have a Motorsport engine, whats an m88?
                    M88 is the euro version of the S38... 286hp stock....

Comment

I believe the M88 was the M102 (I think, the Turbo 3.5L) replacement for the E23 745i in South Africa..may have come in other cars though. I can stand corrected! A friend has one of these in his E28 and it goes ok
                      JUNGL3

1990 "333i" Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                        I believe the M88 was the M102 (I think, the Turbo 3.5L) replacement for the E23 745i in South Africa..may have come in other cars though. I can stand corrected! A friend has one of these in his E28 and it goes ok

No

The south african 7 series had a m88 in it the only place to have one. But the
                        M88 is always been the 24v dohc motorsport motor. What your friend has is an M5 if it has the M88 in it.....

Comment

m88 is in the original m1 its a belt driven fuel pump.

Comment

Nice build so far

Comment

Originally posted by abepark View Post
                              m88 is in the original m1 its a belt driven fuel pump.
                              +1

I think you got your self a pretty s38 motor. Intake looks m1 though. Does it have dry-sump oil pan set-up?

Comment

Working...
                              X