Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch engage point is very high (at the end of the pedal trevel) Disk is fine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could happen if the flywheel had been resurfaced and they shaved it down too much or had been shaved multiple times. If nothing else works try swapping to a dual mass flywheel with matching clutch kit. With the thicker flywheel i would think it'd translate to shortening distances and lowering the grab on the pedal. Another thing to look for make sure you have the right release bearing in and it's facing the right way.

These are all issues I've had to fix or have seen in not just these cars but many others

Comment

Is there a reason that you think something is wrong? Sounds like you need a clutch stop.

The pedal friction point being near the pedal resting point (or near the top as you describe) is, to me, an indication of a well-bled system and healthy components. I would say that's how it should be. I don't want a long pedal throw every time I change gear.

As the pivot pin wears down, the pedal would actually have to be pressed more, not less, to engage/disengage the clutch. Envision the trigonometry of the fork. But I don't think that the pin wear contributes much to the actual engagement point, given how small it already is.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2.5rser View Post
        This could happen if the flywheel had been resurfaced and they shaved it down too much or had been shaved multiple times. If nothing else works try swapping to a dual mass flywheel with matching clutch kit. With the thicker flywheel i would think it'd translate to shortening distances and lowering the grab on the pedal. Another thing to look for make sure you have the right release bearing in and it's facing the right way.

These are all issues I've had to fix or have seen in not just these cars but many others
        Just wondering if op ever resolved this issue? Oddly, I just had the same issue and after putting in a fresh clutch kit, the issue remains. I am thinking it's the shaved/worn down flywheel issue as noted above. It's not slipping at all, but the clutch doesn't start to grab until the pedal is nearly all the way released. Any issue just driving like this, or should the flywheel be replaced ASAP?

Comment

Working...
        X