Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Engine Oil light is on

I just got my E30 (86 325e coupe).

I changed the oil about 4 month ago, but the other day i was driving in it and you know the panel next to the sunroof, the engine oil light turned on. Do you know what that indicates? I checked the oil levels and it seems okay.

Can someone help me? i'm concerned.

It comes on when it's a quart low. Check fluid level and also chech the connector for the sending unit coming out of the oil pan. I had a problem with mine, inside the connector got corroded.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

You're a quart low. How many miles have you driven in those four months?
      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

bad sensor
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I feel like there should be a sub section of gen tech where all of the newbie e30 questions such as "what does my check light mean" and "how do I tighten my handbrake" and "what headlights can I replace sealed beams with" can be answered.

Like a "new to e30s? Check in here first!" to have everything in one place where newbs can easily find it etc.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
            It comes on when it's a quart low. Check fluid level and also chech the connector for the sending unit coming out of the oil pan. I had a problem with mine, inside the connector got corroded.
            Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
            You're a quart low. How many miles have you driven in those four months?
            Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
            bad sensor
            Thank you! I'll look into the sensor but first the oil level.

Thank you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
              I feel like there should be a sub section of gen tech where all of the newbie e30 questions such as "what does my check light mean" and "how do I tighten my handbrake" and "what headlights can I replace sealed beams with" can be answered.

Like a "new to e30s? Check in here first!" to have everything in one place where newbs can easily find it etc.
              Or one could be helpful like me and the two others above you. It's obvious that the guy is new and wouldn't really know what to search for.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
              X