1989 manual 325ix coupe FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 manual 325ix coupe FS

I am selling a 1989 Diamond Swartz BMW 325ix manual coupe with working transfer case. 240,XXX miles. I have owned it about 4 years and it has been my winter daily driver. I have been planning a major restoration and have been collecting parts for that endeavor that will be included with the sale.

This car will need rust repair some time with in the next couple of years. The PO made a couple of attempts at repair but they were pretty much band aids and should be done properly.

There are a couple of spots on the floor boards that will need metal replaced and I took pictures of some of the exterior.

I have done the upgrades unless noted. I swapped in a 5 speed, Bilstein shocks/Struts and H&R springs with e46 rear strut mounts and the reinforcement tabs. I don't know the name of the exhaust but it is after market and came with the car.

Bav auto plug wires. I just did a timing belt{blue gates), tensioner, water pump, cam seal combo last November less than 5k miles ago. Thule roof rack with wind deflector, ski/snowboard and bike rack.

It has fresh reupholstered black heated sport seats, weather force floor mats, ZHP shift knob with leather shift and ebrake boots. Momo steering wheel. After market Kenwood head unit but will include original radio along with code.

Regular maintenance has been done and oil changes every 3k miles. It runs and shifts good. No grinds no misfires and doesn't burn any fluids. I was informed that the engine was partially rebuilt at 150k but to what extent the PO did not know and I am not sure how accurate that statement is.

This purchase will include pretty much everything I have been gathering for the resto. Including a complete ix M20 including another steering rack 200k miles. The automatic ix transmission 1XXk miles and transfer case 80k miles. You can convert automatic transfer case to manual. And a whole other set front set of front strut housings and front axles.

4.10 front and rear diff on the car and 3.91 front and rear diff will go along with it. Another front and rear drive shaft. Include a Jute ix front drive shaft extension. But both front drive shafts are in good shape. Will also include the tube of Molycote recommended for the front drive shaft.

A set of 14" steelies with winter tires all but new, 15" ix weaves(tires need replaced) on the car including the caps, another full set of ix side skits and fender flares kit. And a new set of ebrake cables and hard ware. And a full colgan bra but I typically just use the hood piece.

Every thing works on this car except the AC. That is pretty much it. If you have any questions let me know. I am locate in Mount Union PA 17066. Asking price is $6700. I am willing to negotiate.

Last edited by rzerob; 09-19-2017, 05:11 PM.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

pm'd
    '88 Brilliantrot 325is - sold
    '08 Alpinweiss M3 Coupe - sold
    '91 Sterling Silver 325i S50
    '98 Cosmos Schwarz M3 Coupe

Comment

Pm replied.

Comment

Bump. The pictures showing the rusted areas have been ground down to the metal and should be painted this weekend. I will post new better pictures when the work is done.

Comment

Working...
        X