Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invert spare, add space, reduce clutter in trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invert spare, add space, reduce clutter in trunk?

Invert spare, add space, reduce clutter in trunk? Anyone using inverted spare and if so what is used to check spare air pressure w/o having to unload the aux. storage space?

I don't think that you could do that. The threaded rod has a fatter base at the bottom, coming off of the floor. It might be bigger than the center bore of the wheel.

Welcome too, btw:D.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

I think that's a fine idea, you could load messy stuff in there. Thanks for reminding me to put a deep socket and breaker bar in my trunk by the way so I'd be able to get my spare on over my long ass studs if I get a flat.

Anyhow to answer your question, give it a whirl, mike says no go but I bet even if the base gets in the way if you dont mind scuffing the wheel you could still tighten down something to hold the wheel in place and it shouldn't push up into your regular trunk space more than an inch or 2.

And about your spare tire pressure, common man yeah expecting a 15 year old donut spare to be at 50+ psi is one thing but if your tire is losing enough pressure in the trunk that you have to check and refill it all the time it's a bad tire.

Comment

Did this on my old '86 325 years ago, and the first thing I did last year when I got the 'vert is flip the spare to give me more space!
        Aaron

Comment

doesnt that make the floor more flimsy? i mean because the wheel is supporting it?

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
            doesnt that make the floor more flimsy? i mean because the wheel is supporting it?
            Not really - you should have a plastic cap on top of the long threaded rod which holds up the floor. Besides, what heavy shit are you carrying in your trunk?!?
            Aaron

Comment

I do it too, I tell people the stains are from ATE super red fluid....

Comment

Working...
              X