Cleaning washer nozzels and lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning washer nozzels and lines?

I like a clean windshield and the washer nozzles don't spray too well on my 91. I think the PO used washer fluid all the time and it has left deposits of crud over the years. I think there is a regulator or splitter of sorts that is up on the hood and I'm thinking it is blocked.

Any tips on cleaning these out? Should I take them out and soak them in degreaser? I looked on ebay and couldn't find any and it seems pointless to buy used.
    '74 2002 - Build blog at
    nomads2002.blogspot.com

you can try a short brissled brush to clean the nozzles out then I would try just soaking any of the parts you think need it in just soapy water. Degreaser if any left in the system could hurt the paint finish and/or cause your windshield to get a film on it that might cause streaking

Comment

disconnect the tube that is near the washer fluid tank and spray compressed air into the line. that will clear any and all shit in the lines and sprayers.

Comment

Get all new tubes and nozzles? They are still available AFAIK.

If you don't want o buy new, do what 86espowa said and use compressed air. I would blow it backwards though, starting at the nozzles. Don't want to blow crud through the nozzles and clog them even worse.

Comment

use a small needle to clear it up and aim it..

like ive been needing to do..

Comment

theres a check valve near the front of the hood that you'll have to disconnect to be able to blow them out backwards without risk of popping a line. I use one of the needles for filling up footballs etc.

Comment

Good idea, I'll have to get on that. The needle ting for aiming never seems to work right for me. Maybe I'm just no good at it. I always end up aiming it wrong 1000 times.
              '74 2002 - Build blog at
              nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X