A/C drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C drain

Anyone ever clean that AC drain over the tranny? How'd you do it?

I can't even get to it with the car on jackstands. I was tempted to let a shop or dealer take care of it, but they want to take out the dash.

scrap that.
    Jay

Originally posted by fretburnr View Post
    Anyone ever clean that AC drain over the tranny? How'd you do it?

I can't even get to it with the car on jackstands. I was tempted to let a shop or dealer take care of it, but they want to take out the dash.

scrap that.

You dont have to take off the whole dash, just from the shift consol back. Its 1 10mm nut for the back ashtray peice, 3 10mm nuts for the shift console. Takes 10 mins to take off.

Comment

cool, thanks. i actually dove into it tonight (sweating like crazy, its 100% humidity here) and cleaned out that side drain. It wasn't too bad.

turns out the water isn't coming from there - its coming from the cover on the passenger side, forward of the drain tip... the plastic cover over the AC lines/expansion valve. The torx screws on the cover were able to be tightened by 1/4 turn, but it didn't help.

I'm lost - the ETK doesn't show a gasket or seal for that cover, which makes me think water isn't supposed to get in there anyhow. I could replace the cover with a new one and silicone-seal the edges (though that might involve taking off the AC lines, and having to have the system vacuumed and refilled) but I honestly don't think that will work. Any ideas?
      Jay

Comment

bumpage?
        Jay

Comment

Working...
        X