No announcement yet.

Turbo beater build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch wasn't holding the power very well at all, so I went with a spec stage 3 6 puck sprung clutch. Clutch had a couple thousand miles on it already, got it from an e30tech member for $225 shipped. Did a ton of tranny-related maintenance while I had the tranny out.

Got the clutch in a few hours before I went and had the car dyno'd.

214whp/240wtq. The HP numbers are way low. They should be matching the torque. As I watched the car dyno, I noticed one the couplers was popping open a full 2", and then sliding back into place when the throttle was released. The tech estimated that my really rich tune plus that boost leak, was robbing me of about 25-35hp. I've fixed that leak, but I haven't taken the car to be dyno'd again, so I'm not sure where I'm at now.

'88 325is
    VP UT of Austin Autoholics
    BMWCCA 380364

Comment

can you get your oil filter off with the thing oriented like stock but the lines bent? I did what people said with my adapter and bent the lines without an issue but I tried to change the oil filter and it was unpossible to get it out of the cage the adapter's pipes made. So I clocked the oil filter housing so the filter is pointing down but I think the lines are going to give me a hard time now, and I have an intercooler where the oil cooler used to be like you.

If you haven't guessed I'm in the middle of the same kinda project but I'm lazier :)

Comment

Working...
      X