Nitrous + M20 = ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrous + M20 = ???

Does anyone have experience with nitrous on an m20, stroker'd or not? I've really never heard about anyone getting serious with nitrous on our cars. So yeah, any horror stories, success stories, etc?

Dare you be the first to find out? :)

I guess a 50 shot would be safe on an M20, it's relatively strong for stock. But I wouldn't push my luck further.
    sigpic

Comment

I know a guy who had a eta with the I swap and was running a 50 shot for awhile before bumping it to a 75 shot. He had this setup on for more than a year before he moved away. When I was running around with him, while this setup was on his car, he didn't have any problems other than spark plugs. So much so he had to carry an extra set with him at all times. But also he wasn't "in the juice" 24/7 either !!

I also know someone else who put a 150 shot on a m20 and scattered it rather quickly on the road too ...

Comment

Whats the purpose of the potential car?

Comment

Sounds like a budget beater go-fast car to me.

Comment

Well, actually it was more out of interest than anything else. I will be going turbo this summer, but I was wondering if in the interm a 50 shot would be safe because I know theres a nitrous kit lying around at home somewhere. The project is a semi budget go fast, I am definitely not skimping where it counts, ie engine management, wastegate, etc.

Comment

I was running a 75 shot,but had a freshly rebuilt head with new valves,guides,seals,ect, Schrick 272 cam and valve springs, Super Sprint long tube headers,Bav auto plug wires and intake,and 4.10lsd. Only problem was too much wheel spin 1st and 2nd gear, other than that I would find my plugs melted when it was time to change them.:crazy:

It gets a little addicting when you have juice, spraying too long caused my plugs to melt sometimes.
              Edit: forgot to mention I also had a Super eta block.:D
              sigpic
              88 M3,88 325ic,87 325is
              e30s are like fat girls that USED to be hot, you just gotta work them out to make them hot again.

Comment

We know that the M20 is generally plenty strong enough for 300whp. I'd run a tuned 200hp PROGRESSIVE shot without discomfort.
                The motor doesn't care what the source of cylinder pressure is, just what that peak cylinder pressure IS.

Nathan

Comment

Jesus! A 200 shot on a motor that makes 180 at the crank?! Sounds like a recipe for destruction.

Comment

how bout 20 psi of boost? its all the same, whether exhaust, crank or chemically induced, the point is to get more oxygen in, along with more fuel to create more Pow.
                    Last edited by blueapplesoda; 03-24-2008, 01:13 AM.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
                      how bout 20 psi of boost? its all the same, whether exhaust, crank or chemically induced, the point is to get more oxygen in, along with more fuel to create more Pow.
                      Quoted! And well said!
                      ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

So is there a write up of a nitrous install for the m20's? Or am I going to have to do a write up? Gah. BTW, i think I am going to run a 50 shot just to be safe.
                        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                        2875-C Towerview Road
                        Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                          So is there a write up of a nitrous install for the m20's? Or am I going to have to do a write up? Gah. BTW, i think I am going to run a 50 shot just to be safe.
                          Looks like your the man to do it!

Comment

be careful of the NOS single fogger kit's instructions to place the fogger infront of the t-body. it will freeze the butterfly and when you let off the throtttle it will not completely close until it thaws (2-3 sec).
                            solved thsi by making a spacer behind the t-body out of alum then drilling and tapping it for the fogger nozzel. thsi will also help with the near intake runners running slightly leanewr then the others.
                            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Oh. Well you want to make me a TB spacer? Maybe if I find another TB, I will get my friend in NJ to make me a TB spacer. He has a machine that does all that stuff, and makes great parts for sentras :)

BTW - I will be running a Zex wet kit. Should i have it spray after the TB vs. before?
                              I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                              2875-C Towerview Road
                              Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Working...
                              X