exhaust setup for m30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
    So sounds like 90% of the time you will be driving under half throttle, listening to music and talking to your lady friend?

If you have the money, mimic the oem bmw twin ~1.25" exhaust. Small exhausts get rid of drone, so 2 small exhausts are better than 1. If you want something sporty perhaps one of the aftermarket twin exhausts.

The bigger you, the worse the drone will be.

I got talked out of 2.5" and 2 mufflers on my m20b23 when chatting to the exhaust man, and i went with a single 2.25" with 2 mufflers. its still a bit louder than id like mid rpm half throttle, but it is all but silent when cruising at highway speeds. My car is daily drive, and i did not want it loud.

The other thing with the bmw twin design is ground clearance. my 2.25 is tucked up pretty good but it is considerably lower than than the bmw twin.
    Even for the M30?
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

standard headers to 3" > 3" high flow cat > 3" shitty hotdog resonator > 3" muffler

Drones like all hell, to the point I hate driving the car on the freeway

New exhaust will be customer headers(RHD) > y pipe to highflow cat > decent resonator in factory position > to rear box

I'm just figuring piping sizes for a higher comp m30

Comment

Where is your tailpipe?

Comment

I think the twin 2 inch like the super sprint, or M3 exhaust is the answer, but most of us on here are too cheap for that :D

Best for reducing drone, best for ground clearance.
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
          X