Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member intro - assistance needed.

What's up fellas/ladies,

Long time lurker/poster, first thread started. Here is my little silver bullet:

She is an 86' 325e coupe(duh).

Well, here is where my needing of your assistance begins. Car was recently broken into and everything inside stolen. Head unit, amp and subwoofer. All wiring was cut(fucking prick) and I am now sort of at an impasse. I have some wiring familiarity when it comes to car audio. But from 10 years ago when I was still into this sort of thing. Where to begin?

Here is an idea of what I'm working with. The car does seem to have come equipped with premium sound(tweeters near mirrors):

*Moving from left to right*

- The main wiring harness that I'll assume was wired into the old unit is on the far left.
    - Random, capped, white wire of unknown origin also on the far left.
    - Antenna wire on left
    - Black/dark grey speaker wire that runs to the left of the once inside the console.
    - There are 2 pairs of what look like RCA cables, crimped. They may also be speaker cabling. They had no visible beginning or end inside the dashboard.
    - 2 sets of RCA cables that run to the boot. Both ends of both have been located.
    - There is a small, blue, amp signal wire that is not visible, but I know what that guy is for.
    - Lastly, a non-OEM looking loom of black/red/white/green wiring that seem to run into the glove box - The vehicle did have an aftermarket alarm system installed that I never used. It didn't bother me, I never bothered it. I can only assume this wiring maybe of some importance to the alarm. I have no desire to incorporate the alarm again.

I amassed a new pile of audio gear from one of our other vehicles and would like to get SOME sort of sound back. Simple, Bluetooth, Pioneer single-din radio, MB Quart 600w, mono amp and 10" alpine subwoofer. My question is; Based on the wiring left after the break-in, how would I incorporate a standard Pioneer wiring harness into this mess?

Thanks in advance or any information you may be able to provide. I am not normally a question asker on forums. I tend to do most of the answering. But not this time. I am completely unfamiliar with the wiring in this particular vehicle, and would be more than grateful to someone more knowledgeable than myself, sharing some insight.

Thanks again,
    -Brandon

And where the hell are my manners? Happy Thanksgiving, guys.

-B

Comment

These should probably be the same colors, but you can Google for the ETK for an 86e to find the correct wiring diagram. Because of the non stock wiring, I dunno ever you can do except physically trace it out use a meltimeter to test continuity.

I'm sorry that happened. Best of luck.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
      X