AFM Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFM Identification

Alright, I got a Bosch AFM givin to me for free. The only information I have on it is the following.

It was removed from a later model BMW that had the straight 6 (M20). Possibly 87 or later.

Here is some info:
    (top black cover)
    Bosch
    0 280 202 082
    1 286 615.9
    made In France
    (Bottom)
    1 285 501
    030 (underlined)

Bore (Engine side)
    Inside Diameter is 66mm
    Outside Diameter is 68mm

I tried this unit on my 85' 325e and it ran super rich and would belch black smoke heavily. Ran it for about 10 secs and shutdown and reinstalled my old one.

My reason for wanting to use it is becuase the one that is currently on the car has all the markings deliberatly scratched off the black cover that has been repainted black. You can see the cover has been reglued on. Also the bottom has been removed and is now atteched with sheetmetal screws that have glue spread on them. I am assuming this is
    some type of rebuilt unit, but dont trust it at all. My car has a intermitent hesitation that I just can't put my finger on. I think this could be the culprit.

I checked the door tension on both units by hand and they seems about the same. So I dont think my unit was modified per se. I just think it is a crappy rebuild and would like to use the new one I have if possible.

Robert
    85' 325e

So far I found this:

320i - 2 litres (6 cyl)

83 - 91 Bosch 0 280 202 082 13 62 1 286 615

Found here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mtsa-atp/bmw.htm

Comment

Working...
    X