Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS Ansa Cat-Back Exhaust

FS Ansa Cat-Back Exhaust

This was mounted on the e30 for a few years, but was from seattle so no harsh salt exposure.

$250 picked up

bump

Comment

Bump will entertain offers

Comment

Sound any different than stock?

Comment

interesting question. I actually do not know the answer to. Both e30's I have owned have had these, so I do not have a baseline.

Comment

It's been quite a while since I had my Ansa - I had one on my ETA back on the early 2000's. Slightly deeper tone than stock from what I remember. Not at all crazy. It won't get you more attention than a stock exhaust in terms of sound (a plus in my opinion) and definitely looks better.

The best way to think of it is that it's OEM+ in terms of looks and sound. It dealt with the harsh midwest winters pretty well from what I remember.

GLWS!

Comment

I had one on my m10 and I pretty much had the same impression. It was NOT stock, did look better...and they are on many high ends cars so name dropping would get you more dates
              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
              Alice the Time Capsule
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Deciding between something like this or an Ireland Engineering catback.
                From what I've seen, the IE exhaust is a bit of an an angrier version than stock it sounds like, which is good.

Comment

Still for sale

Comment

Originally posted by mr. View Post
                    Deciding between something like this or an Ireland Engineering catback.
                    From what I've seen, the IE exhaust is a bit of an an angrier version than stock it sounds like, which is good.
                    I think your description of the IE is spot on. I had an IE exhaust before I got my Stromung and stock on my old E30. IE for the price is a huge improvement over stock if you are looking for something a little more aggressive, but not obnoxious. Look just like OEM but stainless steel and great sound. I highly recommend it, especially if on a budget.

I upgraded to a Stromung and love it as well. Similar to IE, just more aggressive and a little louder. I don't daily my car, but would have no problem doing so, but I could see someone thinking the Stromung is too loud...The same kinda person who thinks Billy/HR sports are too stiff to daily. The build quality is also very impressive and it is easy to see what the extra $$$ got you; the fit and finish is awesome.
                    1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                    1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                    September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                    Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

make an offer guys

Comment

$150 picked up

Comment

Originally posted by shootnjunky View Post
                          $150 picked up
                          Can't see pictures. Can you repost?