My e30 has no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
    The M20B25 can potentially run for a million miles or more with the proper care at the right intervals....
    We know this though... Regardless.... 90+ octane is a smart move....
    This is true.
    Mobil1 tests synthetics on a BMW e30 325i through a rough one million miles. Mobil drives the important point that synthetics oil and gas additives preserve ...

20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Andy View Post
      I will try the stomp test and I will let you know what codes it's gives me
      So watched a video on how to do the stomp test ,I tried it out but it doesn't give me any flashes.

Comment

Is your TPS calibrated?
        20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Andy View Post
          Every time I give the car throttle the rpm rises but the car hardly goes. It's automatic and when it goes to high rpm it's gives it kicks the car and shift. If anyone knows what the problem might me please let me know thank you
          update: I just changed my master airflow, the car turns on idles really good but when I put in in drive to go the car shuts off if I don't play with the throttle the car will turn off. anyone now what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
            Is your TPS calibrated?
            ive never calibrated it

Comment

Check trans fluid, also could be the torque converter going out. How many miles? When you say RPM rises and it doesn't go anywhere, does it seem like almost like a slipping clutch? Also, putting it in drive and it stalling is a sign of a bad torque converter. Looks like your car is sick of the auto, it's just time for a 5spd swap :)

'92 325I Vert - Always a WIP
              '93 Honda Accord LX - Poop DD
              '97 Yamaha XJ600S - "Halfe" Racer
              '10 Mazdaspeed 3 - Expensive

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/e30_chef_rob

Comment

sounds like tranny problems to me....
                87 is good enough better then what it was 30 years ago..
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X