No announcement yet.

Fender Rolling Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my Birthday is the 12th so I may up for a get together....
    I dont really think I need to roll my fenders yet as I dont have wheel sthat require it (YET) I'll be rollin on Ronal LS's
    sigpic
    Wastedincome420@yahoo.com

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
    00' e38 750iL HighLine=Highway Queen
    92' e30 318 vert=Aint going anywhere
    91' e34 535iM=Aint going anywhere
    91' e34 525iA=For parts
    92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

Originally posted by wastedincome
      Well my Birthday is the 12th so I may up for a get together....
      I dont really think I need to roll my fenders yet as I dont have wheel sthat require it (YET) I'll be rollin on Ronal LS's
      some day ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
        some day ;)
        Yeah well BAV just got there shipment in last week, SO ITS NOT MY FAULT i dont have em' yet. haha ;). I will have on by spring though. I've been thinking about snaggin gthe 2 I need now while I have some cash, I still havent decided on what rubber I'll run...Scott I just hope they look better then your weaves ;) you know you'll be drewling
        sigpic

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
        91' e34 525iA=For parts
        92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

Yeah well BAV just got there shipment in last week, SO ITS NOT MY FAULT i dont have em' yet. haha ;). I will have on by spring though. I've been thinking about snaggin gthe 2 I need now while I have some cash, I still havent decided on what rubber I'll run...Scott I just hope they look better then your weaves ;) you know you'll be drewling
          Oh, the order came in? nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
            Oh, the order came in? nice...
            Yup, Andy was kool enough to send me a PM when they did. They were supose to be in back in Oct'
            sigpic

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
            91' e34 525iA=For parts
            92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

Originally posted by vt.bimmer
              Yes, you will need to roll the fenders. How much depends on suspension and tire size. Ive got 16x7.5 et20 going on with 225's and they will need to be rolled. My calculations put your wheels .25" out further than mine.
              The tool that will be there is this...

Im either going to buy it or rent it.
              If you have alot of bondo or filler on your fenders its not a good idea to roll them.
              Other than that its pretty straight forward. I will have done my fenders by the time we do this so I will be there to help. My friend is a body guy and he will be there also.
              VT. that pic looks like the on that you can buy from The Eastwood Comapny??? If I recall its a bit under $200 from them... When are YOU doing yours??
              sigpic

CURRENT STOCK LIST:
              91' e34 525iA=For parts
              92' e34 535iA=For parts

Comment

VT. that pic looks like the on that you can buy from The Eastwood Comapny??? If I recall its a bit under $200 from them... When are YOU doing yours??
                Funny you should mention that. The guy that bought my Alpina just drove up from PA yesterday. He came up with his father who works for the Eastwood Co. and said he could get me a discount. Their website has them listed on sale for $250 so hopefully I could get it for at least $200.
                Im going to roll mine during the week before April 15-16 so people dont have to wait for me to do mine that weekend.

Comment

Besides, giving more space to your wheel well, does it give the appearence of flared fenders at all or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Widm3r
                    Besides, giving more space to your wheel well, does it give the appearence of flared fenders at all or not?
                    Not really. Remember, its not pulling the fenders. It just rolls the inner lip enough to tuck a bit under load.
                    Here is a diagram..

Comment

I should be down, count me in!

Comment

Originally posted by vt.bimmer
                        Not really. Remember, its not pulling the fenders. It just rolls the inner lip enough to tuck a bit under load.
                        Here is a diagram..
                        thanks for the info, if i was out of school by then, i would come, unless i get hired at this job, then i can get my car up here, and then i could take a trip up to vt...oo i wish

Comment

Originally posted by Widm3r
                          thanks for the info, if i was out of school by then, i would come, unless i get hired at this job, then i can get my car up here, and then i could take a trip up to vt...oo i wish
                          Holy shit - just noticed where you are. Is the M with you? I need to make a trip to Franklin.

Comment

Change my vote to rolling - cabby has new shoes coming (16x7.5 et 25, 205/50's) - and it's slammed on H&R race - better safe than sorry.

Comment

im in like 80%. I gotta be up in NH for a courtdate on the 13th so maybe i'll just make a weekend out of it and come chill.
                              -Greg
                              90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
                              b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

Sounds good guys.
                                Just to clarify so no one is expecting one. I have no lift. This will be using jacks and stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X