Anyone know about kkk turbo off of mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know about kkk turbo off of mercedes

Anyone know anything about kkk turbo's off of 80's mercedes 300d? There are a couple good ones at the yard and was wondering if they were worth pullin for my m20b25. Also what flange setup are they? Thanks

i deff want to know the same tihng. My dad has a '91 350 SDL that is not long for this world and i want the turbo off of it. But i am unsure of how well it will work wiht a m20

Comment

You can also get them on any of the 1.8l turbo vw's/ Jetta, GTi, and so on.
      ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

i am new to the turbo scene, i just bought my e30 a couple months ago. The guy i bought it from already had a turbo running on the car and he told me he got the turbo from an old 300d benz in a junk yard. Its great and i am told(from my buddies experienced with turbos) that it spools up great for the car. I have an eta though, but i am sure it would be fine for an I motor.

Comment

If anyone has seen the turbo off a 1.8t, it's tiny. Literally you might be able to fit 2 fingers in there, there is a reason they spool at about 1500rpm on the 20v 1.8t (my brothers audi's boost is right there.)

This is a bad idea for a 2.7L or 2.5 engine, because it will most likely run out of power at a really low rpm. Try and find a bigger turbo, if you want to run small turbos run twin IHI vj21's.
          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

the kkk's on the mercs are different tho im pretty sure. you'd def not wanna run a k03 from a vw. as for that turbo id have no clue what flange they are, kkk's do there own thing.
            Jake Rawson - Media blasting * Powder coating * Fabrication * Service * Repair

Comment

it is a small turbo good for only around 280ish HP and thats at maximum efficiency, which means short turbo life. an ideally sized turbo for our engines would be a 50mm and up. a 50 trim would spool very quickly and is good for 350 at the wheels without running it at maximum efficiency. it all depends on the tune/ fuel distribution. the moral is do lots of research and learn as much as you can about turbo charging before making a desicion.

Comment

Working...
              X