New problem occurs to my m42 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New problem occurs to my m42 today.

This morning when I drove my e30, the idle kept went up and down and when I press gas and sometime it chokes back. Since I did update the fuel pump and fuel filter so today I will clean the ICV and TPS.

Seems like you have a vacuum leak, although it could be the ICV, but I doubt it. Plan on doing the mess under the intake mod in the near future.

Comment

There really needs to be a fault tree for these issues. I might take that on tonight.
      sigpic

Comment

ICV all cleaned, idle problem solved but the pest is when I try to gas it and it chokes back up. You guys think its vacuum leak?

Comment

Sounds like one to me. First stop on the check would be the intake boot, take it off and give it a squeeze to check for cracks.

Comment

Replaced all spark plugs, did the mod on vacuum hoses all sealed, replace the cooling pipe that was attached on the block cuz it was cracked of course so its all good especially the same problem still occur... when I gas it and the engine chokes and I had to gas it hard as speed up so it will go but when I want to drive slow and it will chokes back up bad. Could it be ICV or fuel filter?

Comment

Did you examine the intake boot? If you replaced it did you make sure the plug was installed in the bottom?

I doubt the ICV is causing that issue. But to see if it is the ICV simply get some hose and two barbed connectors and delete the ICV. If the problem is still there you know to keep going.

If in doubt about the fuel filter just replace it.

Comment

Found the problem it was TPS, installed TPS and I had idle problem, installed ICV and it went great! ;)

Comment

I have this same problem, however only does so when I gun it to high rpm and let it drop rapidly. if i let it drop slowly by maintaining throttle it will be ok. I will check this based on your findings. thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X