Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pump chain question

Old and new oil pump drive chains for an m10:

The new one is clearly wider than the old, but the part number on the box is the same as on realoem.

Is it safe to use the new one? The old one has some slack, but it's not terrible. I just don't want to pull this apart again to change an oil pump chain later.

As long as the chain can't rub on anything a slight amount of extra width won't hurt.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Looks a little bit beefier but time will tell
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Looks like an M10 and an S14 oil pump chain to me.

And you shim them until tight, then remove one (thin) shim so there's just
        a touch of 'flop' left...

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
          Looks like an M10 and an S14 oil pump chain.

t
          This. That new incorrect chain will NOT work.

It has been discussed on the FAQ board. INA has been putting the wrong chains in the box (s14 instead of m10). This is already something that suppliers who are actually familiar with the m10 are well aware of and as a result are stocking/shipping the OEM chain which is still correct (it comes vacu-sealed against a piece of white cardboard).

Hope that helps.
          Last edited by SkiFree; 02-23-2014, 01:11 AM.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
          X