Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Westervelt

Item(s): IE Stage 3 Springs, M3 Front seats

Comments: e30 Groupie was a pleasure to do business with. Payment was sent promptly and response time to Pm's is excellent!

Thanks Again!

items: bought some BSA 17" wheels

saw them on Craigslist and pmed on here to see if it was him selling them or not. got a great deal on the wheels. and he cleaned them up and met up with me. talked some shop for a few hours, great guy, would do biz with anytime.

Comment

Custom made 15mm spacers, offered shipped but even after I said I'm in Canada, refused to ask for a price increase. Values integrity over money, a rare thing.

Comment

E30 M Tech 2 side panels for a sedan.

I just want to say that he is a great seller. Quick Shipping. The Items were packed very nice, sent clean and professional, and honestly the parts were nicer than he described.

Thanks Curt! :pimp:

Comment

Item: Set of 6 24# Bosch Injectors (New)

Great transaction - good communication, quick shipping. Would do business with Curt again. Thanks Curt!

Comment

Item: Taillights.

Curt had promised me my tailights by the E30 picnic and I just received them today. I know Curt is a good guy and I know the situation he has been in the last month or so. He apologized and got them done and even ate the shipping cost of getting them down here express shipping.

All in all the tails look amazing and were worth the wait. Would buy from again, just hopefully under some better circumstances :D

Comment

I tried to hurry perfection... but I refuse to sacrifice quality.

Any questions on those tails, hit me up. Be sure to use a wipe on wax and residue remover on them and wait to wax for a couple months.
              sigpic

Comment

I hate to be the one to rain on this parade but I paid Curt (E30Groupie/Van Westervelt) for some door panels back in December 2008 and have not yet recieved them. Initially I told Curt there was no hurry as he had to order some clips and covers as promised. Communication was good over the first few months but my last communication with him was right around Feb 23rd. His mailbox here is full and he will not respond to my emails.

Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed in his conduct as one of the more prominent members of this site.

Originally posted by Simon S
                When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

I gave Curt $200 for a set of rotor spacers last May (08), the intention was that he was going to have them made in a few months. A few months came and went, I did have some correspondence with Curt about once a month up until March. At our last conversation he said that the rotor spacers should be done by the 5th of April and we would talk on the 6th if they weren’t done I told him I wanted my $200 back.

I tried to call him on the 6th and never got a response back, since I’ve tried PM at various site/ email and voice mail. No response.

Comment

If it makes you feel better Jeff, I did recieve my door panels last week from Curt.

Good luck!
                    Originally posted by Simon S
                    When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Update:

For anyone that is interested in a little reading:

On page 2 of this thread Curt posted a video of himself burning $200, it was pretty impressive that I was video worthy. Curt deleted the post shortly after it was posted.
                      Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Short story:
                      I never received the rotor spacers, Curt did respond to my thread looking for him. When he responded he accused me of 2 possible scenarios:

1.) I received the spacers but was unhappy with the fit
                      2.) They were lost in shipping or lost in my house

After I was accused of these possible scenarios I posted every correspondence I had with Curt from the initial purchase to the point he accused me. He ended up backing off on the accusation that I had received the spacers but was unhappy with the fit.

I asked Curt 1 specific question after posting the correspondence, actually I asked it on the 2nd r3v thread and the bimmerforums thread, never got a response:

So how come you never mentioned anything about shipping the spacers?

Taken from the bimmerforums thread:
                      Originally posted by JeffRR
                      Everything was fine until after we spoke in Mid march, When we decided that we would speak again on the 6th of April. April 6th came and went you never returned my phone call or any attempt to make contact, and that is when it was obvious to me that I would never see anything from you.

If you did ship parts as you say in August/Sept 08 time frame, how come you never mentioned anything in the PM’s/emails we did have?

PM on 9/5 looking for status………… No response
                      PM on 10/2 looking for status…………..No response
                      PM on 10/8 looking for status…………… No response
                      PM on 10/8 looking for status…………….. No response
                      PM on 10/10 looking for status……………..No response
                      PM on 10/14 looking for status……………..No response
                      PM on 10/16 looking for status…………….No response
                      Posted on the r3v board looking for Curt 10/14 and 10/16………..No response

Sent email to Curt 10/16 looking for status:

Response to my email on 10/16:]“There has been a fairly large snafu and problem. The shop I paid to make them has since disappeared. My friend that worked there is trying to track down either the billet, or the money for me to have someone else machine them out. Sorry for the lack of response, I rarely check my PMs on r3v. I have over 100 unread, little daunting.”

So how come you never mentioned anything about shipping the spacers? The PM’s, posting and email never mentioned anything about a set being shipped.

The amount of PM’s in your inbox isn’t really a good excuse for not contacting a buyer about status of a purchase.

My theory
                      I don't think that Curt is necessarily a bad guy out to intentionally defraud. When we still had some correspondence he mentioned that he had trouble with his machine shop (email 10/16/08), they closed their doors with his material to make the spacers. He mentioned that he had a buddy who had worked there that was going to try and help him get his $$ or material back.
                      My thought is that he never recouped his money from this shop that went under. He lost some $$ in material, instead of being a stand-up guy and biting the bullet and making the spacers at a loss, he figured he’d blow me off. After all I was ~2500 miles away.

In the end just be careful dealing with Curt (e30 Groupie/ Van Westervelt)
                      Last edited by JeffRR; 11-15-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Bought Poly sub-frame bushings from Curt. Recieved them in almost no time at all and he was very courtesy. So much so that he PM'd me to check that I'd gotten them when I got swamped and totally spaced letting him know I recieved.

Couldn't be happier. One of the best sellers/shippers I've had to date. I would not hesitate to do business with him or refer him to anyone. He's an A+ person to do business with.
                        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I have recently delt with Curt and am very happy with the parts and the quick shipping.

Comment

I paid for a transmission cross member 7 days ago, I have yet to receive any sort of confirmation. I also have yet to receive a reply to several private messages or email. I will update this post with the outcome of the transaction.
                            http://bbswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

Van Westervelt

Also known as 'e30 Groupie', feedback here: http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=72747

It has been over 1 month since I sent payment for a part to Curt. He assured me that after paying, he'd have the item shipped in 3 days.

There is no sign of my shipment, no tracking # provided. He has yet to answer private messages or emails.

Buyer beware when dealing whit this guy.
                              http://bbswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X