No announcement yet.

guibo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shield didnt have nuts attached to it. It was just 6 bolts and 6 nuts.

Comment

And it looks like your shield is facing the right way, its just your guibo is behind it when i should be inside of it.

Comment

mine are like 3 blots attached to the shield and there round on the end like im not supposed to remove them lol

325i

Comment

Then keep the shield..but attach everything like i said and put the guibo inside its cover.

Comment

Originally posted by JRector View Post
            And it looks like your shield is facing the right way, its just your guibo is behind it when i should be inside of it.
            oh okay, so from the trans the order is

flange/shield/guibo/flange?

325i

Comment

Originally posted by JRector View Post
              Then keep the shield..but attach everything like i said and put the guibo inside its cover.

ill see how that goes before it was out side the cover

thanks alot bro

325i

Comment

Attach the Guibo to the driveshaft first then attach the guibo+driveshaft to the transmission...

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Driveshaft flange to guibo and then guibo to the tranny.

Comment

alright ill takes some pics just to make sure

325i

Comment

Did you get this all figured out?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

X2

Comment

Im stuck

Im having a problem with this also...was trying to install a ssk and that balancer is in the way of the selector rod thingy...mine looks like this assembled
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	guibo shield.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	7135465

so in messing with it, i tried loosening the drive axel bolt and couldnt tighten it, drove it, and now the axel bolt popped out. BUT I CANT GET BEHIND THE SHIELD BETWEEN THE TRANSMISSION TO THE NUT TO TIGHTEN EVERYTHING UP.

Can anyone tell me how I can replace my bolt and the nuts once it gets in the mail. none of my friend have the shield in the way. suuuch a PITA!
                          m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                          build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                            Attach the Guibo to the driveshaft first then attach the guibo+driveshaft to the transmission...
                            oooh okay...so with mine, if i just undo the nuts, i can pull the driveshaft out?

i mean what if i go to take off the nuts and the bolt starts spinning behind the guibo balancer/shield?lol how the hell do i get to that??

when i tried loosening the bolts in the pic, i couldnt get to the nuts so i left it free with broken tension. Huge mistake.
                            m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                            build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
                              oooh okay...so with mine, if i just undo the nuts, i can pull the driveshaft out?

i mean what if i go to take off the nuts and the bolt starts spinning behind the guibo balancer/shield?lol how the hell do i get to that??

when i tried loosening the bolts in the pic, i couldnt get to the nuts so i left it free with broken tension. Huge mistake.
                              Take it a apart again and attach the GUIBO to the DRIVESHAFT first. Once that is done then connect the assembly to the transmission. If the tranny side bolts are spinning, get behind there with a wrench to hold it.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Use an open end 17mm wrench.

Comment

Working...
                                X