No announcement yet.

LSD Internal Debris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are the gears themselves? and how are the LSD components?

realistically you can replace all the bearings (pinion and the main ones), replace the bolts,get the gears lapped if they are within spec and you will essentially have a new differential.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
      How are the gears themselves? and how are the LSD components?

realistically you can replace all the bearings (pinion and the main ones), replace the bolts,get the gears lapped if they are within spec and you will essentially have a new differential.
      that ring and pinion set is done.

unit needs:
      replacement ring and pinon set, new bearings/seals/hardware, replace LSD internals with new plates and re-grind/adjust stack for any damage sustained in abuse prior to bolts popping off. also potential top cap fracture/damage from running with only a few bolts
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Wow. So much for that one.

Steve C, depending on your budget, you could look into one of Mr. Wanganstyle's built units. I have one (Wavetrac gear diff) and am very happy with it. After playing diff-roulette on r3v a couple of times, I decided to shell out for a properly fresh unit and stop messing around with worn out crap.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Damn that sucks. Perhaps grab another second hand open diff that is in working order, rebuild the LSD you have, and insert LSD with new bearings and seals pending condition.

Ive been burnt so many times over the years with differentials. all my damn project cars have had issues with diffs. corollas, suzuki sierra, mates project cars. Touch wood my e30 diff appears to be ok.

Once i got a real job i vowed never to DIY diffs ever again, its the smell really that brings back terrible memories and you get it wrong like 1% and the damn thing grinds and whines eventually and you are back to square one or worse than where you started.

I just pay diff shops now:P worth every dollar.
          Last edited by e30davie; 02-05-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Wangan's typical condescending tone notwithstanding, he's right on all points. That unit is junk. A properly rebuilt unit will last another 20+ years in a street-driven car.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              Wangan's typical condescending tone notwithstanding, he's right on all points. That unit is junk. A properly rebuilt unit will last another 20+ years in a street-driven car.

typical r3vtard defense mechanism on reality; reality bites. r3vtardism sucks and screwed over the OP

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

If r3v is so retarded then why don’t you go away lol. We get that you think people on here are retarded no need to mention it in every post you make. Also from personally experience e36 owners are just as retarded or even more

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  from personally experience e36 owners are just as retarded or even more
                  from "personally experience" being r3vtarded is specific to r3v.
                  if you hang out with mentally challenged e36 children I really don't feel bad for you

all places have idiots; e30 owners doing r3vtarded things and screwing others like OP is a sad but common reality in the e30 world.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                    if you hang out with mentally challenged e36 children I really don't feel bad for you

all places have idiots; e30 owners doing r3vtarded things and screwing others like OP is a sad but common reality in the e30 world.
                    It's called due diligence. I wouldn't ever buy a second hand LSD without at minimum pulling the rear cover. People are assholes but you have to cover your ass. I'm with euro in thinking that you're really driving "r3vtard" into the ground. It reminds me of republicans on facebook that never stop saying libtard. At least find a new word

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                    IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
                      It's called due diligence. I wouldn't ever buy a second hand LSD without at minimum pulling the rear cover. People are assholes but you have to cover your ass. I'm with euro in thinking that you're really driving "r3vtard" into the ground. It reminds me of republicans on facebook that never stop saying libtard. At least find a new word

I just bought a NEW LSD for my car because there is no need to do any of this kind of BS; open the box and fit new parts + install makes alot of sense

Comment

I have never associated my self with an e36 dip shit. But take one look at e36 world on facebook and thats all the evidence you need to seal the file that e36 owners are morons in general.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                          I have never associated my self with an e36 dip shit. But take one look at e36 world on facebook and thats all the evidence you need to seal the file that e36 owners are morons in general.

If one is part of the millennial child club then I guess its self explanatory.

Perhaps leave the club of morons?

Comment

I just bought a NEW LSD for my car because there is no need to do any of this kind of BS; open the box and fit new parts + install makes alot of sense
                            Makes a lot of sense if you have that kind of money to spend. Most people don't.

Boo poor people, boooo

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                            IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

If one is part of the millennial child club then I guess its self explanatory.

Perhaps leave the club of morons?

Lol im not part of it at all. I joined for the lulz and left. I distance my self as far as i can from the milennial snow flake pansy’s.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Children, time to grow up hey.

Comment

Working...
                                X