M10 L Jetronic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M10 L Jetronic question

So I am running a 1985 318i L Jetronic efi on my 1974 BMW 2002. Been running it for years. Car is a garage queen pretty much. Starts right up and idles perfect but once the car gets warmed up it revs a little high maybe 1200-1500k. Not sure why..Looking for some input.

TIA

dlm ny country

what are you using for an idle air control system?

That's a known weak point on this setup... the 'green box'
    that just stops playing well with others.

Beyond that, the usual air leak problems that pretty much all BMWs have...

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Hey Toby....2002 faqer. I'm using stock idle control valve and the green box. I did swap out the green box with another used one I picked up. No change I was told that one of the thermo temp sensor ( I believe there are 2 minus the one in my radiator) would cause high idle but I am not sure.

dlm ny country

Comment

Mine runs around 1200 when warmed up. Once it gets around 1500 the engine starts pulsing, with audible clicking within the idle control relay. Had to stick with the penny trick until a more definite solution is found.

Comment

If it was fine before, you clearly have a problem.

Time to check for vacuum leaks - smoke test.

Comment

What penny trick?

Originally posted by Pavane View Post
            Mine runs around 1200 when warmed up. Once it gets around 1500 the engine starts pulsing, with audible clicking within the idle control relay. Had to stick with the penny trick until a more definite solution is found.
            What’s the penny trick please?

Comment

Working...
            X