z3 2.8 lever is teh sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

z3 2.8 lever is teh sex

i dunno why i didnt' get this in the first place..!?!

i must have read teh reviews praising z4 3.0. oh welll. z4 3.0 is too notchy and hard to get into gears even if it is way short throw. and it is real low.

low and short = bad ratio = lots of effort.

Look at the ratios. Z4 3.0 is the lowest = it is the most effort to use. Even the M is less work - as the lever is taller.

Taller and a little longer throw z3 2.8 is SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!

I'll post side by side pic tommorrow.

but z3 2,8 is like knife through hot butter....a little thicker, but better than frozen butter.

I can vouch for that, I have one myself, installed it last summer. Very short throw, but I think now that super short SSK are pointless.

Comment

I love mine also. At first, it was a little annoying, but now that it's all broken in, it's like buttah.

Comment

i have the same lever. The only thing that bothers me about it, is that it is not bent. So it sits forward and to the right all the time.

Comment

I also have this SSK. Mine however came closer towards the driver, not pulling to the right at all.
          PNW E30 CREW ///

Comment

I have one sitting in the parts bin for when I get around to a 5 speed swap. I always knew that short/notchy doesn't neccesarily equal faster shift times...
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yeah, its not that much better than the 3.0. ~3/4" doesn't really change much. I had one installed for about 10 minutes before I wised up and put the 1.9 lever in.
              BEERTECH

Comment

Z4 2.5 is where it's at.
                The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

reminds me of the days of the 540i. People would do the same mod with z3 levers. So much better than spending big $$ on aftermarket crap.. BMW is where its at.

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                    I always knew that short/notchy doesn't neccesarily equal faster shift times...
                    shifting is faster even if longer because it's easier.

Originally posted by erik325i
                    The only thing that bothers me about it, is that it is not bent.
                    I was reading / studying the M levers versus the Zs.....and i think that the Z3 2.8 is near the M3 one (which you can still get new from the dealer btw, understeer.com was wrong). Oh well, I had a toss up decision and went with the 2.8.

used m3/328 levers are bent cheaper than BMA Z3/4 from patrick, but oh well

notchy = cool. that's the popularity right there.

Comment

nice pic - shows everything very well. I love my 1.9 as its a bit taller and is a slighter shorter reach from the steering wheel - but the 2.8 and 1.9 are both awesome options and not that expensive compared to a lot of the SSK outs there...
                      PNW Crew
                      90 m3
                      06 m5

Comment

Oh yeah, and the 3.0 was hitting my driveshaft. Especially in reverse..... no problems with that so far with the 2.8.

I think the throw feels long with the 2.8 comparably, but it's so smooth, precise, and smoooth, it's all gravy.

Comment

I want to try your new lever when I see you robert. trying to choose one for myself.
                          Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

honestly, after having the z4 3.0l in for about a year, it's quite smooth and i've had no problems with clearance.

i'm content.

Comment

which one of these damn levers do you not have to bend anything to fit in right and sit straight?
                              I go wuaaaaaahh pssssshhhhh!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X