No announcement yet.

Dogleg Tranny- where to find one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there was no such animal as a E21 320iS here in germany. I know this, because I have owned atleast 15-20 E21s since i have been in germany. You will generally not find the dogleg in any E21s, cause it is a big myth. they were in very few E21 cars, and the 2 I have seen were in 323i cars. ohh yeah, there was no such thing as an injected 320 in germany!! so check your info too. and there were NO conventional pattern gearboxes fit to M3s in Germany, and Im not saying your wrong, but I have never seen anything on a close ratio box in any 325i cars anywhere in the world, except the E30s, which were 323i cars sold to france and spain, and these were dogleg boxes.

Comment

Its not a big myth at all, The US had a 320iS badged car which came with them, we also got them down here and some were delivered to the UK. They came standard with LSD's, recaro interiors along with the dogleg close ratio geabox option. Its far from a big myth.

Just what has germany got to do with injection? where did i mention germany? where did i ever say what cars they had? seriously, you are commenting on things i never said at all.

Ohh, you are wrong about the E30's too, South Africa had 325i evo models (which you will find with M3, 5 bolt stub axles) which also came with them, then you also have the italian built 320iS, you will also find the south african 333i fitted with them aswell. So thats australian and south african 325is's, the 320iS, plus the south african built 333i which did come with them. Just because you have never heard of them in your small part of the world, it does not mean they dont exist anywhere else.
      Last edited by Madhatter; 12-05-2005, 08:40 PM.
      Just a little project im working on
      - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

Just a guess, but I think he was plying germany since BMW's came from Germany. Definaetly learned something new, never knew there was a 333i, crazy.

Comment

Cat fight...tempers are flying in this thread lately.

Comment

Its cool. I pulled apart a dogleg which happened to have syncroless gears. Iasked my instructer, and he told me that most if not all were syncroless.

I'm sorry I dont have spare bmw parts to tear down and look at, I have to go with what we have at school.

Theres nothing like free knowledge tho! Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

I didnt mean to start tempers flying, or sound like I knew more than other people... just some misinformation that i recieved from an instructer(who i thought was more intelligent than that) but everybody makes mistakes...

Kyle
            1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
            DILLIGAF

Comment

Originally posted by 318isbmw
              Just a guess, but I think he was plying germany since BMW's came from Germany. Definaetly learned something new, never knew there was a 333i, crazy.

Might help you out :)
              Just a little project im working on
              - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

well, obviously, by the write up on that car, it wasnt really a "real' bmw sold car. it was a tuner car. nice, and im sure there are plenty of those close ratios from all ****200**** built!!!
                and i would love to hear or see something about these US badged 320is E21s with close ratios. as im sure there were tons of them built too.
                and the 320is italian model is an M3 powertrain--whole other animal.

Comment

There's a dogleg for sale on turner motorsports classifieds for around 700.

Comment

M3 EU spec had a choice of 2 gear boxes . 265/5 5spd C.R 23001222446 or 265/6 5spd O.D. 23001222445

and the US 320is gearbox was 245/5 5spd C.R. 230012098922628

Comment

Working...
                    X