No announcement yet.

Modifying E30s: A Starters Guide for Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey man great thread. helped a lot. i got an e30 and just recently made my decision that im going to start messing with the car. i want to get an intake system, but not just the filter. do you have any suggestions?

Comment

Care to explain the short shifter and clutch idea? I would love that, but am a bit newer to the scene and dont wanna go messing things up. thanks!

Comment

short shifter is simple it makes your shift throws shorter by adjusting the leverage point, easily done with bmw parts, theres a diy thread about it

clutch idea im assuming is a clutch stop, its pretty simple it is just a bump that sits under your clutch pedal changing the place where it stops, basically it moves the floor up so that the engagement point is "moved" to just off the "floor"

and if youre wondering why im answering all your questions in all of your posts its cause i read your door lock thread and searched for more of your posts, you seem to need some guidance
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Festers E30 View Post
          hey man great thread. helped a lot. i got an e30 and just recently made my decision that im going to start messing with the car. i want to get an intake system, but not just the filter. do you have any suggestions?
          i bought a ebay intake adapter with a crappy intake filter, anyways, i just need it the adapter, got a k&n filter nd it was good...
          no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
            short shifter is simple it makes your shift throws shorter by adjusting the leverage point, easily done with bmw parts, theres a diy thread about it

clutch idea im assuming is a clutch stop, its pretty simple it is just a bump that sits under your clutch pedal changing the place where it stops, basically it moves the floor up so that the engagement point is "moved" to just off the "floor"

and if youre wondering why im answering all your questions in all of your posts its cause i read your door lock thread and searched for more of your posts, you seem to need some guidance
            Thanks man, I really do appreciate it. A little bit new to the car scene, I never think or re read my posts before posting them, so I always word things wrong, I know what a short shifter is, i was just wondering where the thread was, but the clutch part sounds like it would be nice to do, because it seems like you have to push the darn thing in 5 feet!

Comment

if you do a search for short shifter and only search in the DIY section (advanced search) it should be easy to find
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

The thread deserves a bump!

Comment

Thanks a ton everything one needs to get started.

Comment

Thanks very good insight indeed!

Newbees
                    Pak

Comment

Can't believe this was almost a decade ago. Seems like a lifetime.

Looking at potentially getting another E30. I'll need to take my own advice....
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Working...
                      X