Live data and diagnosis, M62, S62, M52, S54 OBD2 only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live data and diagnosis, M62, S62, M52, S54 OBD2 only

The following article is really only of interest to BMW riders with an engine after 1994 or later. So typically M62, S62, M52, S54 and others. Since I had degree but it assembled again, I wanted to introduce to you shortly.

It's about data from the OBD II socket easy to get onto the smartphone and the. Require any particular installation or even programming The whole is also quite inexpensive, at least in the setup I described. The following parts are required:

OBDII to WIFI interface
    I have the following interface tested positive: ELM327 manageable for 23 EUR. It simply plugs into an OBD socket. Should set it to remain there permanently you perhaps put the pin 7 of the OBDII socket on ignition plus, since otherwise the interface is constantly under power.

Smartphone
    A commercially available Android or IOS smartphone with access to the relevant app stores is required. It is a new wireless network found to be automatically connected.

software
    I bought for the first trial purposes with the DashCommand for almost 9 EUR and am happy with. For my particular application, namely determination of the cooling water temperature at a S62 transfer voyage made ​​the app excellent services.

The app would like to have first decide on basic information about your vehicle. Then it connects to the OBDII Interface and Connection Botton is green. Then can be displayed on many screens various engine data. Below are a few screenshots.

There are some other more expensive apps on this topic. Who has experience with it, drop me an Email. I supplement this manual like.

Here is the wiring setup

Here is more pictures

originally from ~>

Hope you guys enjoy :)
Working...
X