No announcement yet.

Before & After Bumper Tuck Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the trim on top of the bumper called, I cannot Get it to sit on the bumper. Ideas?

"Came here expecting rape van, left disappointed."
    sigpicMy Project!

Official North Texas Bimmers Club E30 Representative

www.BimmerAlliance.net

"If you have questions about events or need help in the DFW area don't be afraid to contact me."

Comment

Is it warped? If so...glue, c-clamps (to hold it), maybe sink a screw if you have to and then cover it.

Comment

It's not warped badly, but when I screw in the screw through it to the frame it sticks up (strongly) from the bumper surface and doesn't want to even bend down to touch the DB bumper.
        sigpicMy Project!

Official North Texas Bimmers Club E30 Representative

www.BimmerAlliance.net

"If you have questions about events or need help in the DFW area don't be afraid to contact me."

Comment

Probably stupid question but can't find a tutorial on this anyone can throw me a link to the thread?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34_spangler View Post
            Probably stupid question but can't find a tutorial on this anyone can throw me a link to the thread?

Comment

Thanks!

sigpic

Comment

i saw these tucked and color matched bumpers somewhere on the interwebs and thought it looked kewl:

Comment

what about that lower valance?
                  is a direct fit ?

Comment

Originally posted by mgromero View Post
                    what about that lower valance?
                    is a direct fit ?
                    Yes. Just need to cut off the two tow hooks.

My E30 332iS Build Photo Album :) Click below!!!!!!!!!!

http://s637.photobucket.com/user/mil...2%20SWAP/story

If you have bought or sold parts from me please visit my Transaction Feedback Thread!!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...10#post3791810

Comment

I'm glad that I found this thread! (sorry for the necro-bump)

Gonna do this over the weekend... or hell, tonight if I can find an extension cord.

Comment

so i really want to tuck both front and rear DBs, but the guy i bought my car from backed into a trailer. so the right side is already pushed in, and the DB is shifted to the left just a little bit. If i drill into the left bushing since it is under so much pressure would it just blow? would it be dangerous to do? im not sure what to do..

Comment

Dont risk it! Earlier in the thread there was a guy who posted up and indicated that he accidentally inhaled the vaporized shock oil that is within DB bumper shocks and that caused him to have asthma. Another report of getting misted in the eyes.

Go to the wreckers/ breakers (pick and pull) and remove one from a DB e30. Then while its off the vehicle wrap it in a plastic bag. Insert drill inside bag and cup around the opening where your hand is inside operating the drill. Wear eye protection. Then just drill through the shock tube and you wont have as much worry from the shock oil as it is contained within the plastic bag.

Comment

ok, thanks man!!

Comment

Working...
                            X