1991 318is Girling rear calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318is Girling rear calipers

Just rebuilt Girling front calipers from an extra set I had. I have a very good extra set of Ate rear calipers which are so good they don't need rebuilding. Did BMW mix and match front and rear Girling with ATE? I can't fine a specific rear Girling set out on the web. I don't mind mixing and matching if it all mounts ok.
    TIA

dlm ny country

bump

Comment

Thought all rear calipers were ATE, with early fronts mostly being ATE, and later models getting mostly Girling. Undoubtedly there were exceptions due to supply side changes during production.

However, in my experience it probably doesn't matter which calipers you use, but I'd match manufacturers across an axle. But between axles I wouldn't worry at all, especially since you car probably came with Girling fronts and rear ATEs.

Comment

That is the answer I've been looking for...thanks...I wasn't able to find any rear Girlings in my travels..I'm all set then since I have rebuilt my Girlings on the front and have a very good set of rebuilt ate's in relatively new shape with matching Hawk pads.

dlm ny country

Comment

Working...
        X