R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Exhaust

Old 05-07-2019, 09:50 PM   #1
turbski
Advanced Member

2.5" turbo exhaust

Wanted to put a feeler out as part of another thread I started**. Im repairing the floors in the car and have the exhaust on the ground. Its a 3" straight off the turbo all the way back to the vibrant muffler with who knows how many miles/ hours on it. Its kinda loud, drones way to much for my taste and I have a feeling with the HP levels.... kinda un necessary. Any reason I cant drop down to 2.5" after the down pipe and run a resonator and a new muffler. I don't want to make it un heard but there are far, far to many kids around town with exhausts that sound like sh*t. or no exhaust at all. Any recommendations?

Last edited by turbski; 05-07-2019 at 10:00 PM. Reason: grammar is for the birds
turbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #2
turbski
Advanced Member

To save a bit of time and money I've decided to install a 3" vibrant ultra quiet resonator and re use my current muffler. I will bring it to our local exhaust guy and have him replace all tubing and add the the resonator. Hopefully it will quiet down a bit and lose some drone
turbski is offline   Reply With Quote