No announcement yet.

question about the temp sensor threading on early S52 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I did think it was that easy. Turner doesn't mention it's strictly for converting e36s Chassis to obd1. And I've seen it said on other e30 swap forums to use the adapter.

Comment

Nobody who has actually used it would say that.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
        yup you are right. tested tonight and no workie. it threaded right into the head as well so i had a feeling it was wrong.

i found an old brown top temp sensor with a single pin on the floor near the M20 and it has much larger threads and it will not thread into the cylinder head at all

however me and my friend got out the volt meter and found that the old brown single pin sensor works off a floating ground so we grounded the sensor accordingly and then held a lighter to the tip with the ignition on and the cluster needle started moving up very quickly as expected

none of the sensors do this so i know this old brown one is the right one but none of the taps i have here fit it.

the largest one i have is M12 x 1.75 and its still too small.

Matt do you have the ability to size this sensor down to the proper thread pitch for me?
        How did you ground the sensor? Did you get a two prong connector and ground out the side that does not have a pin on the sensor? Or did you just make a ground in the single wire coming off of the temp sensor?

Comment

Working...
        X