Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markert Motor Works Dyno Thread (many inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    I just did an s50 build a few months ago and made 255whp on the stock pink s52 injectors with plenty of room left in them.

Mind sharing how you achieved that?

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
      Mind sharing how you achieved that?

+1mm intake valves, one of my flowed heads, 11.5:1 JE pistons, balanced rotating assembly, and made a chip for it on the dyno.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

My Northstar makes 312 at the wheels with eight 19# Ford Motorsport orange top injectors. Also 11.5 compression and including gapless top rings. I don't know what duty cycle they're running, but they're pretty close to their limits.

Fuel flow is fuel flow.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
          My Northstar makes 312 at the wheels with eight 19# Ford Motorsport orange top injectors. Also 11.5 compression and including gapless top rings. I don't know what duty cycle they're running, but they're pretty close to their limits.

Fuel flow is fuel flow.

38 vs 42 hp/cylinder, makes sense the 19's work.

I had a set of 19's run out on an m20 making over 217whp, though (Megasquirt, single coil). I don't think the numbers work in the classic sense when an engine is run with SFI vs batch and/or multiple coils. The US 1995 s50 came with 17lb and put out close to 200whp stock.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

That m20 is "equivalent" to 235whp from a fuel flow when adjusted to 3.5b. Which is approx 10% lower bsfc than 4v. Some would be due to 2 points lower compression the rest You could speculate on a lot of things. I'd say the numbers are pretty consistent.
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I sent an email to Markert a few days ago, but no reply. Are they still around? I have many questions about how to go about my build, and what tune it will need.

Comment

Well Markert isn't responding. Who else is a reputable tuner? I'm building an aluminum M52 with an M54 crank. I have to bore out the block to 84.5, so I have to buy new pistons, and I'd like to know what piston/compression ratio to order... and then I need a tuner to create a tune for it, because I'm not assuming the stock ECU can handle that.

Comment

I talk to them all the time. But maybe he's doing more local stuff now?
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

They always have a steady stream of cars coming in and out of that place

Comment

Just got the car's ecu back from Markert last Friday, can confirm great service. You can call or email them if you Google his shop for contact info.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                        I sent an email to Markert a few days ago, but no reply. Are they still around? I have many questions about how to go about my build, and what tune it will need.
                        I had a hard time with Markert and my wire harness/tune I got from them. I would check with Kassel, it seems as though Markert is pulling away from this side of things, non responsive with emails and had to really badger the owner on Facebook (my harness had less than half the plugs labeled and it turned out my DME never got tuned, something that I even asked about early on and they did not check their records until I spent money on new sensors and kept hounding them. Even had to pay for return shipping on the DME that never got flashed)

Comment

Looks like Markert is getting out of the Performance and Tuning business. As seen on their Facebook page.

As many of you may have heard, as of late last month Markert Motor Works is no longer offering performance work or tunes.
                          Markert Motor Works began as a race shop back in 2013 with our mastermind and original tuner, Dave Markert leading the way. We worked hard to create a hybrid business model that not only provided great race car services but also met our customers’ repair and maintenance needs, and for a while that worked out ok. However we eventually grew our service roots and realized that in order to be the best we had to truly focus our talents on what had the most impact not only to our customers, but also to our teammates, and it became clear that service and repair needed to be our main business strategy.
                          In 2018 as the business began to really explode, Dave realized that he could not continue to tune cars and run a successful business, so we hired a tuner to move to Atlanta to take on that role. Our ambitions were high and he did a great job! But as history always repeats itself, the performance builds plagued our teammates and depleted our ability to properly serve our main client base, which was now mostly service and repair. We saw cars coming in for crazy performance builds and tunes that never left the shop for months, resulting in frustrated technicians, advisors, and customers. As a business whose ultimate priority is customer satisfaction, we knew this was not a sustainable business model and thus we disbanded MMW Tuning and got rid of the dyno in late 2018.
                          If you’re looking for a shop you can trust to keep you off the tow truck, keep oil leaks at bay, and always have their doors open even years down the line, we’re here for you.
                          Here’s to new adventures and growth! See you at your next service appointment and happy motoring!
                          -Your Family at Markert Motor Works

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that MMW is no longer tuning BMW's. But I totally get it.

I sent my DME to them to have the normal stuff flashed out and asked them to put a track only flash on it. WOW the car is a jet. Well beyond my expectations.

Best of luck moving forward.

Comment

That is sad they are officially out of it

Comment

Working...
                              X