Help please uuc rear sway bar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    I have the Suspension Techniques Spec E30 rear sway I would possibly part with for cheap. Switched to the AAF bar..
    The rear? And if its the rear how much? And does it come with links also and brackets?

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
      But if you space it down so the bar fits, then the lower mount hole won't work. And you can't re-drill it because there isn't enough space. As produced, the UUC mounts are non-functional. Save yourself the trouble and just don't try.
      I know its beginning to stress me out. I'm running the BC Coilovers with a front strut bar and new control arms and tie rods and lollypop's. So I'm just trying to get the best handling possible. I've read up on these and never knew they were that hated.

Comment

Originally posted by 3URO_BOY View Post
        I know its beginning to stress me out. I'm running the BC Coilovers with a front strut bar and new control arms and tie rods and lollypop's. So I'm just trying to get the best handling possible. I've read up on these and never knew they were that hated.
        The only way to get the UUC rear bar to work well is to fabricate your own mounts. If I were you I'd sell it, and buy the Bimmerworld setup for the rear. It might cost you a bit, but at least it will work right.

Comment

Eek

Bump, just bought some UUC sway bars without looking at this thread LOL.
          I'm not exactly sure what the problem is (i.e how the rear bar may hit the trunk), but has anyone else experienced this problem?? I got the 19mm rear bars...

HINDSIGHT: Ok so apparently the shape of the bar (specifically above the diff) potentially makes it so that in tight cornering, the bar will hit the bottom of the trunk. Interesting... I've yet to install mine but can anyone else vouch for this occurrence? TY
          Last edited by Zambuzan; 05-05-2019, 04:45 PM.
          "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Working...
          X