Miller PowerFold™ M30 Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by riskybiz86 View Post
    Been a little while, but any chances someone has used this on an NA M30? Thinking it would probably be great with a MAF and exhaust.
    I doubt anyone will chime in. For the price, there is almost no engineering behind it at all aside from "increasing plenum volume", which, when you look at intake manifold design, plenum volume is but a drop in the bucket.

The "NA dyno sheet" on the website is laughable and I hate to speculate, but I doubt it ever happened.

RHD now offers M30 ITBs, and while the setup cost is higher, I'd venture to say it'd be a far more efficient and reliable investment for adding horsies if you plan to keep the car a while.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

The "NA dyno sheet" on the website is laughable and I hate to speculate, but I doubt it ever happened.
      nah it was done in excel, must be true.

i would have shortened the runners a couple inches at the same time to tune in a higher rpm and improve distribution as well less Hunchback of Notre Dame
      Last edited by digger; 01-19-2019, 04:16 PM.
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

i want be believe.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
          RHD now offers M30 ITBs, and while the setup cost is higher, I'd venture to say it'd be a far more efficient and reliable investment for adding horsies if you plan to keep the car a while.

the problem is they don't make an airbox for it at least from what know.
          i'd be all over that shit.

this guy has a cam and m5 itbs.

power band is awesome. 99% of m30s die before 6k.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
            nah it was done in excel, must be true.
            :D:D I had similar thoughts, ie Crayola sponsored dyno sheet

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            the problem is they don't make an airbox for it at least from what know.
            i'd be all over that shit.

this guy has a cam and m5 itbs.

power band is awesome. 99% of m30s die before 6k.

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=130526
            That powerband is great! That cam he is using seems like it works well with the combo.

ITBs from what I've seen transform the M30. I actually spoke with Rama recently before I ditched my M30 swap and he's almost done the airbox. However, he was pretty confident it wouldn't fit in the E30 bay with a booster cuz the M30 sits over an extra 10*. He is building the kit (specifically airbox) for an E28/E24. I asked about an iX booster or even moving the iX booster over 1/2" and he still didn't think it would fit, BUT.....

He was offering the M30 ITBs for a nice discount to help test fit them and work through kinks. I'm not sure if he's still looking or not, but if I were you, I'd shoot him a message on FB (Rama RHD).
            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
            X