No announcement yet.

ix h&r sport springs, which shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My personal experience is milstein HD, With cut internal bump stops. Both sets of konica adjustsble I've owned had failed within 4 months of new.england roads.

Comment

How big are the potholes you guys have? are they deep? Where I live we have some potholes around but they aren't very deep and I avoid all the worst roads anyways so most of what I deal with is just bumpy surface conditions.

Now I have the iX kit that turner motorsports sells, (H&R springs and Bilstein HD's) and a lot of you guys are mentioning trimming the internal bump stops about 2".. How do you go about this? This is my first time lowering my iX as I went the coilover route with my 318i and I wish I did a bit of research before pulling the trigger on the kit that turner sells but I think I should be okay after trimming the internal bump stops?
      1984 BMW 318i - Lucille
      1989 BMW 325iX - Eugene Finn

@orichginal_e30

Comment

You separate the housing so you can get to the bumpstops. There should be an obvious place where you cut it. The Bilstein guy told me it was safe to cut half of it out.

Or, just get the right shocks. Guess what I did the second time...
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

okay I see now, thanks for the reply Nando! I think i can make it work.
          Last edited by Richie; 05-14-2019, 11:53 AM.
          1984 BMW 318i - Lucille
          1989 BMW 325iX - Eugene Finn

@orichginal_e30

Comment

Working...
          X