Early 90s Rolls Royce cars - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with these vehicles?

They seem to be built at the time when cars were still serviceable by a shade tree mechanic. I know the auto trans is nothing more than a GM unit (very reliable), and the 6.75 v8 is a torque monster.

A few have appeared on local CL pages, in relatively nice shape.
    Personally I'm a huge fan of anything with squared-off lines.

Good? Bad?
    all opinions are welcomed.
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Maybe take a look at the Bentleys , very beautiful alternative and imo there on the road more.

Look up Sultan Of Brunei.

Imo this means Bentley should of nailed it in specs by building these one off cars .
    Last edited by Sonny; 05-13-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I think I remember flyboy saying something about old rolls' in a thread similar to this one, years ago now.

Hopefully he can chime in.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

There are few cars in the world that make my heart skip a beat. This is one of them. I'm not into RR at all, but this car is something I'd do terrible things to own.

theblackkimono.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, theblackkimono.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

That being said, I know absolutely nothing about any of these cars, but I absolutely love that car. 10/10 would own.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I used to work on them, they were fairly reliable, but parts are outrageously expensive. Expect about 8k for a brake job alone.
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

Shame you can't get a Bentley manual for a Rolls-Royce.

Comment

Cheap for a reason. Years ago I came across a clean and straight Silver Shadow sitting in a building with stuff stacked all around it. I remember one of the things that jumped out to me being the massive brake fluid reservoir. For the price I was really interested, the owner wanted a pittance for it. But it needed suspension work, brake work, and was not running. Upon looking at the parts I'd need to do it I quickly pushed any future plans of owning a classic rolls royce out of my head.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                Shame you can't get a Bentley manual for a Rolls-Royce.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

seems like stanley made a post or 2 in this thread. my favorite comment is simon's at #37.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Lol, nice find!
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I worked at a high end leasing company in W LA..so long ago I forgot what year it was lol. I do recall leasing a used rolls to 2 guys for the princely sum of $800/mo. They said they paid a friend $100/night to chauffeur them around for an evening and used it exclusively on weekends "to go whoring"

$400/mo @ plus $100/night...not a bad way to spend ones allowance.
                      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                      Alice the Time Capsule
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I figured this was going to be a Sonny created thread
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

I hope Sonny buys an old rolls royce, it'll cost him so much to keep it on the road he won't be able to afford internet access anymore.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            I hope Sonny buys an old rolls royce, it'll cost him so much to keep it on the road he won't be able to afford internet access anymore.

I’m never buying anything besides an E30 from now

Comment

I had a silver shadow II here at the shop not too long ago.

The quality of the car blew me away.. Every switch, knob and lever felt like you were pulling a trigger on a gun.

Would I buy one? Probably not, because of how expensive it is to keep on the road.

Apparently there is a manual for these cars, according to a neighboring shop I was speaking with about this car.
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                              X