No announcement yet.

regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those New Injectors... I should probably do that.
    sigpic
    The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
    On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
      The last one was a 3 pin sensor? That's annoying! Who did you order from?
      lol... yup. went through rockauto. "saved" like 12 dollars but in reality it doesn't matter, lesson learned.

Comment

Haven't really worked on my car lately. But I went up to put some parts in the trunk and I found this 335i parked right next to me ha.

Comment

Had a little play time lately. Intake mani is bolted down, back vacuum cover and throttle body are on, heater core hoses are in.

Couple questions about the rear cover

So the yellow arrow is for the FPR and the red is for the brake booster. What does the blue and orange go to? Don't have it in front of me right now, but it seems the orange isn't a vent?

Also, i gave my friend my manifolds to weld up. They came out great!

Comment

[QUOTE=dothadance;4589643]Had a little play time lately. Intake mani is bolted down, back vacuum cover and throttle body are on, heater core hoses are in.

So the yellow arrow is for the FPR and the red is for the brake booster. What does the blue and orange go to? Don't have it in front of me right now, but it seems the orange isn't a vent?

my experience w M60

red vac for brakes:cap for manual brake set up
            blue vac line: cap
            orange: is side outlet even open to inside of valve ? cap / plug side outlet if it is
            see intake manifold system # 7/8 caps
            I'd also replace #3 valve and ALL 6mm socket head bolts w/ hexbolt/washer
            Last edited by 36brua; 03-02-2016, 11:07 AM.
            My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

[QUOTE=dothadance;4589643]Had a little play time lately. Intake mani is bolted down, back vacuum cover and throttle body are on, heater core hoses are in.

my experience w M60

red vac for brakes:cap
              orange: is side outlet even open to inside of valve ? cap / plug side outlet if it is
              My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

So basically, cap everything off except for the yellow arrow?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

So basically, cap everything off except for the yellow arrow?
                  Yep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                  Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                  Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                    Yep.

That makes fabbing up a blockoff plate a lot more appealing.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

That makes fabbing up a blockoff plate a lot more appealing.
                      You can't do that. It's the pcv valve and needs to be there.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Ahh, interesting. I thought that MonkeyMadness had done that but he must have dealt with it in a different way.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

For a second there I thought I had wasted $70 replacing the cover instead of just making a block off lol.
                          [QUOTE=36brua;4589709]
                          Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                          Had a little play time lately. Intake mani is bolted down, back vacuum cover and throttle body are on, heater core hoses are in.

my experience w M60

red vac for brakes:cap
                          http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_1498
                          Appreciate the info! I gotta double check the orange arrow when I get home and see what's up with it. But damn is everything close together back there. "Tight fit" is an understatement lmao.

Comment

[QUOTE=dothadance;4589843]For a second there I thought I had wasted $70 replacing the cover instead of just making a block off lol.
                            Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                            Appreciate the info! I gotta double check the orange arrow when I get home and see what's up with it. But damn is everything close together back there. "Tight fit" is an understatement lmao.
                            The red arrow is for non-e34 cars that had this engine. They had bigger engine bays and were able to use a traditional brake booster setup. The vacuum for the brake booster on e34 m60 cars comes from the throttle body connection.

The orange arrow (easier pictured here), connects to the pipe that runs to the front of the engine and eventually connects to the Oil Separator Valve. It's the most important part of the PCV setup.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

[QUOTE=marshallnoise;4589849]
                              Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                              For a second there I thought I had wasted $70 replacing the cover instead of just making a block off lol.

The red arrow is for non-e34 cars that had this engine. They had bigger engine bays and were able to use a traditional brake booster setup. The vacuum for the brake booster on e34 m60 cars comes from the throttle body connection.

The orange arrow (easier pictured here), connects to the pipe that runs to the front of the engine and eventually connects to the Oil Separator Valve. It's the most important part of the PCV setup.
                              Ah ok, so theres no opening on the side, but on the front for the pcv pipe! Right? I have the pcv pipe connected to the front, just couldn't remember if there was an opening on the side as well or not.

Comment

FUN TIME.

Comment

Working...
                                X