Let’s talk about Antifa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    Yeah it is a sad state of affairs when you call people 4chan retards just because they don’t agree with your tactics for combating white supremacy.
    but all the insults that have been thrown at me in this thread are cool with you. got it.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      but all the insults that have been thrown at me in this thread are cool with you. got it.
      I never said that. I was merely pointing out your blatant hypocrisy.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I never said that. I was merely pointing out your blatant hypocrisy.
        and just the same, i'm pointing out yours. why are you only calling me out on insults, and not everyone?
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

still having trouble reading, are we?

antifa ourselves are a small subset of the population willing to mobilize in protest. most of the people who marched in the streets in counter-protest wouldn't identify themselves as such.

the people you're talking about are black bloc, as identified in the CNN article lambo linked. they're a bunch of pissed-off squatters living in abandoned warehouses in oakland. i actually know where one of those is; i lived a couple miles away from them until i moved to SF a few months ago.

the statement that they aren't helping the left's image is absolutely accurate.

what's not accurate is to say that all of antifa are looking for a fight- "stand in defense" would be much closer to the truth.

how many hippies do you know that enlisted in the army at all, much less in a combat arms job? they don't tend to be the kind of people who kick in doors and clear rooms. (btw i went through fort mccoy in your state. and good lord was i ever bored as fuck. except for the two times i got leave and hooked up with college girls in la crosse :P )

isn't that exactly what the alt-right has done?

i care not exactly what kind of fascist people call themselves. i have a problem with the ideology.
          I should say that I understand WHY you're doing it, I'm saying I disagree with it 100%, always will. Peaceful or not depends on your definition of the word. Standing across the street with signs that say "Nazis are wrong" etc = peaceful. Engaging in discussions with members of the opposing sides, without screaming/yelling = peaceful. Doing anything else to try and prevent them from having their voice heard is wrong.

While not indicative of the group as a whole, I haven't heard anything about Antifa trying to distance themselves from any violent groups. You always see Antifa signs/slogans up anywhere they get violent. People blew gaskets when Trump didn't immediately say Nazis are bad (despite it being potentially the most obvious thing ever), yet we don't hear anyone trying to distance themselves from the violence we see at these huge protests caused by the left. It's like they all get a pass because of the moral outrage.

I don't support BLM or anything they now represent (obviously black lives matter, but that's not what the group is about), and I respect their right to spew vile bullshit about cops while completely ignoring statistics and the truth staring them in the face. I don't believe they should be prevented from speaking their mind when they go through the proper channels and get permits, remain non-violent, don't destroy cities and block traffic. Same for Antifa.

Yes, Wisconsin blows pretty hard at times lol, and I'm surprised you found any Snow Cows in La Crosse worth having intercourse with :rofl:

I honestly don't know how the alt-right name came about, or who assigned it to that particular group. I, along with most others, appropriately associate them with white supremacists. So, even though I don't like them, their views, or their choice of hair cut, I believe they have the same rights as any other American citizen.

We may not agree on this, but I'm sure we could discuss it over a beer if you're ever in Wisconsin again and no fists would be thrown.
          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

and just the same, i'm pointing out yours. why are you only calling me out on insults, and not everyone?
            Because you insulted me and they didn’t. I only care about myself, didn’t you notice that already?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
              we don't hear anyone trying to distance themselves from the violence we see at these huge protests caused by the left.
              i am doing exactly that, here and now. that's what i was talking about mentioning black bloc above. and once again- the counter-protest here in SF was entirely peaceful and handled through the proper channels. the worst thing that happened is it probably really sucked to be an uber/lyft driver that day.

Yes, Wisconsin blows pretty hard at times lol, and I'm surprised you found any Snow Cows in La Crosse worth having intercourse with :rofl:
              all right, you can talk shit about me being antifa if you want, but i'm not a goddamned chubby-chaser. you'd have hit that too.

So, even though I don't like them, their views, or their choice of hair cut, I believe they have the same rights as any other American citizen.
              yeah they ruined the high-and-tight for all of us. i personally think you shouldn't wear that haircut if you haven't served, but that's why i went to a mohawk.

that said- i'll make the argument that strongly disagreeing with fascism is also protected free speech.

We may not agree on this, but I'm sure we could discuss it over a beer if you're ever in Wisconsin again and no fists would be thrown.
              same applies if you ever swing through the bay.
              past:
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:

Comment

Because you insulted me and they didn’t. I only care about myself, didn’t you notice that already?
                i wasn't talking about you.
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

yeah they ruined the high-and-tight for all of us. i personally think you shouldn't wear that haircut if you haven't served
                  But its their freedom to have whatever haircut they want even if they haven't served...

I personally think mohawks are the worst haircut out there, but I don't think people shouldn't have them because they didn't grow up listening to punk.
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                    But its their freedom to have whatever haircut they want even if they haven't served...

I personally think mohawks are the worst haircut out there, but I don't think people shouldn't have them because they didn't grow up listening to punk.
                    i suppose you're right. i'm just bothered at times by the trend of faux-military fashion. i eyeroll hard when i see people wearing jungle-camo pants or ACU assault packs.

but i did grow up listening to punk and industrial, and as previously mentioned, i'm a musician in the local scene and you have to have an image, so i'm rocking the travis bickle, because the software company i work for doesn't care and my girlfriend likes playing with it. and if i gave a shit about what you thought, that wouldn't be very punk, would it? :P

but enough about haircuts and clothes, let's stay on topic please.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

If antifa is fighting for what's "right," what's with them covering their faces?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                        I think it's just plain silly that you are under the impression that Antifa's antics are peaceful in any sense; they're literally preventing free speech. You know, the thing that typically separates us from other shithole countries around the world?

Whether or not they throw bricks or loud hissy fits in front of groups that are exercising their right to that speech, they're still trash.

I'm many things, smug may be one of them, but at least I can take comfort in knowing that I'm not part of group dedicated to the suppression of free speech and viewed as a domestic terrorist member by many normal/rational/contributing members of society :)

We all hate Nazis, but I don't think it's OK to go around with common phrases such as "Punch A Nazi" proudly displayed at every event.

Your moral outrage is not more important than people's rights in this country.
                        I think most SJW's have forgotten that little bit of information.
                        For one thing, I don't associate myself with antifa, or any movement, for that matter. I didn't say their outrage is more important. I'm commending decay for the fact that they didn't exhibit violence. I'm defending decay from all of you associating him with those on the news, because he's obviously one who would rather choose a path of non-violence.

I do believe our rights are more important, which means they had just as much right to protest as those people had a right to have a rally. I'm not defending those who are violent, but rather those who are not. I was calling you out for generalizing, which you so obviously did.

I look at all sides of this stupid-ass argument and try to understand every one of them. I understand where antifa is coming from, but many of them are going the wrong way about it and taking away from someone's right to speak what they want is a constitutional violation. I see why you guys are saying they are fascists as well. Freedom of speech is our right. BUT, there ARE those that want to make a change peacefully. You never see them, because they don't want to be associated with the bad apples.
                        88 325i Cabrio
                        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

We can all agree to disagree on different things, but one thing I think we can agree on is that E30's are wonderful. /thread?
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Glad this thread can now be sum'd up with the original reply, the other 98% of us want you to stop being shitheads.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                              We can all agree to disagree on different things, but one thing I think we can agree on is that E30's are wonderful. /thread?
                              Perfect - mods please close now.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                                Perfect - mods please close now.

Nah

Comment

Working...
                                X