No announcement yet.

This is R3V Facebook moments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People seem to love CA tuned so much, you do a quick search here, you can see they have been sued, and all the other nightmare stories people have dealt with. Or google Catuned issues and you can see mannny forums where people got boned.

thankfully Instagram lets them push their products, because i believe if there were only here, they wouldnt be doing so well. It never surprises me when i hear about it. I mean at the same time people do no research.

The other day i needed tires put on. So i got on google, and went to the highest rated shop based on stars and review from google. most were 2-3/5 1 was 4.3. Reputation is everything these days.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

wow, that sucks.
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I've warned people about them, especially those coilovers
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          I've warned people about them, especially those coilovers
          It was obvious he was selling eBay garbage, but the kids don't want to spend money properly modifying their vehicles.

That's what you get when you don't listen to people who know what they are talking about vs listening to someone who is telling you what you want to hear.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

#C(hin)ATUNED

Comment

HA!^ I have read some horror stories on them, but cant comment since I have had no personal dealings. Looks like a lawsuit is coming though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                #C(hin)ATUNED
                :rofl:

I've heard some bad things about them before, so I'm not surprised to hear this.

Comment

I wonder what c-clip popped? Hopefully it's not one that retains a timing chain guide.

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                    I wonder what c-clip popped? Hopefully it's not one that retains a timing chain guide.

From my understanding you would be correct.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Personally I've never dealt with CA Tuned so I can't speak, but I've heard more than my fair share of horror stories with them. I would like to see them actually held accountable for once.
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

OMG the coilovers are re-branded??!?!?! Shocking. Never would have guessed.

Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                          Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
                          Yep, although the unfortunate reality is that social media is essentially a necessity to get any attention from the millennial demographic.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            Yep, although the unfortunate reality is that social media is essentially a necessity to get any attention from the millennial demographic.
                            I don't get my generation.... Did you know searching is now considered a skill? Like going on google and looking up something is now a skill... Although that doesn't surprise me that much when you look at most of the questions asked on r3v FB.
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                              It should be remembered that this is not true of everyone in that generation.

It's also a case of "we sell the cars the customer demands" versus "the manufacturer makes whatever it wants and you'll darn well buy it" and really depends on which side you examine the issue from. Basically, if providers of goods/services didn't start to utilize social media as cheap advertising would it thrive the way it has, and would people have just used the same old advertising sources they have for decades to find product information?

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                              I don't get my generation.... Did you know searching is now considered a skill? Like going on google and looking up something is now a skill... Although that doesn't surprise me that much when you look at most of the questions asked on r3v FB.
                              But many of us learned how to use a card catalog, so how did we end up here? Maybe laziness, or perhaps it's the next stage of human development, off site information storage.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                It should be remembered that this is not true of everyone in that generation.
                                That's true, and why I qualified it with "essentially."
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X