Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A comment from the back-end. I am seeing sales slumps (not just public, but a lot of private as well) across the board. The E30/2002's have had a long run in the sun (with the initial increase starting around 2010), things are going to be leveling off (NOT decreasing, just not increasing) with a few exceptions. There are a million factors that are fun to think about, but this is just the net result. This is a MACRO view.

That was a really cool car, but aesthetically it was an acquired taste.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Damn, and here I was thinking I could retire someday from the sale proceeds of the e30.

Back to my soul sucking job.
      :(
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Clean it up, redye the backseat, get a knee panel, bring it stateside and I'd bet it would bring more money.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Cars auctioned from Canada usually get discounted 20-50%. Case in point, the euro spec m3 today. Fire sale.

Comment

I've said this a thousand times
            Anyone who wants an e30 should come to the west coast of Canada.
            There's very few e30's, but the good stuff that's here is a fraction of what you'd pay in the states.

Plus you have the USD which is already stronger than the CAD
            Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 08-02-2018, 08:05 PM.
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Torston View Post
              Cars auctioned from Canada usually get discounted 20-50%. Case in point, the euro spec m3 today. Fire sale.

do you have a link to that auction?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                do you have a link to that auction?
                Bid for the chance to own a Euro-Spec 1994 BMW M3 Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,336.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'd be weary of anything from quebec, especially if its originally a quebec car. The rust out there combined with the TERRIBLE roads isn't kind on cars.
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

I don't keep up with the E36 M3 market, but that car has mechanical and cosmetic needs, and high mileage. I know it has the "real" engine. What's the normal premium for a euro model?

Thanks, Cory
                    1992 325i Cabrio
                    1988 320i Touring
                    2000 M5
                    1977 530i
                    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                    BMWCCA
                    E30CCA

Comment

My 318is was originally a Vancouver car. It's very easy to import cars from Canada that were also sold in the US. You just get a letter from BMW of NA saying that the car (identified by VIN) met all US regulations at the time, and you're good. The port of entry may check your door sill for the appropriate Canadian regulations stickers and make you swap your Speedo to MPH, but that's it.
                      diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
                        I don't keep up with the E36 M3 market, but that car has mechanical and cosmetic needs, and high mileage. I know it has the "real" engine. What's the normal premium for a euro model?

Thanks, Cory
                        Damn that thing went for a lot less than i was expecting
                        Originally posted by blunttech
                        Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                        :shock:

Comment

almost a week with no E30....

I love how people complain that there are too many E30s or BMWs on the page, but on a daily basis there is 5 Porsches that are being sold... DAILY! hahah
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

325i touring M3 replica on BringaTrailer.com

Check this out, wow!

Bid for the chance to own a 1989 BMW 325i Touring at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,665.
                            sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
                            1997 M3 (sold)
                            1989 320i Touring (sold)
                            1990 325i (sold)
                            1991 535i/5 (sold)
                            1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
                            http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325_num99 View Post
                              I moved it here since we have a whole thread on it...

I saw it and immediately got suspicious that its an old Vlad car, but it doesnt appear that way

do you have any relation to the seller (its ok if you do)
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

It is not the vlad car. I can vouch for the owner, Javier. He and I are "BAT.com comment section friends" for what that is worth. We have texted for a year or two on or off about cars. He is the former Spanish rally Champion or something and appears to have a pretty sizable collection of vehicles. He has sold a few cars on BAT before as well. Plus, for what this is also worth, my trusted and best friend met Javier in Spain so he is a "real person" with that said car collection.

Javier has offered to let me visit Ivan (Javier's US-located representative) here in Chicago and drive the vehicle. If anyone on here is interested I would give an honest assessment or just drive it to a neutral 3rd-party shop for them to assess if they like. Any excuse to drive this thing and see it in person!
                                sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
                                1997 M3 (sold)
                                1989 320i Touring (sold)
                                1990 325i (sold)
                                1991 535i/5 (sold)
                                1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
                                http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

Working...
                                X