M20b27 on a 325i chassis, won't start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20b27 on a 325i chassis, won't start?

i put a 325e engine in my 86 325i chassis because well my i motor needs some work and I've had the e engine as a door stopper. Anyways I put the e engine in everything seems to be cool but it won't start! Not sure if I missed grounds, wiring, or its simply not compatible? Any ideas? I got a video but I don't know how to upload it.

Which ecu are you using?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

check;

spark

compression

fuel

did you swap the ecu too?
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

My 325e wouldn't start for a few days and I was checking everything electrical. I eventually found a small wire with a female connector on the end disconnected and dangling somewhere around the starter. There was a male connector coming out of the bottom of the starter solenoid and I put two and two together and plugged the wire into the starter. The car fired up immediately. I'm guessing since the 325e CPS is in the trans bell housing, it sends the signal through the starter and out into that wire to the DME. Check and make sure you have a solid connection there.
        Injectors - services, upgrades, rebuild kits and stock sets available! 14.5lb, 17lb, 19lb, 21lb, 28lb, 33lb, M20B27 injectors available https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413372

Comment

That's not going to work if you're using an "I" ecu

Comment

Working...
          X