E30 325is transmission help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 325is transmission help needed

I'm in need of some advice/help, I have 88 325is with a 5 speed. One day on the freeway cruising at 65mph in 5th gear I started to hear a slight grinding clunking noise from the transmission. I let off the throttle a little bit and all of a sudden my car slowed down like I engaged the clutch. I put it in netrual and back into 5th. And nothing happened the car just kept coasting. After I pulled off the road I try to drive it a couple more times. The shifter will go into all the gears with the clutch in or out no grinding, and the pedal still feels good.

I tried checking the linkage from the top and it felt solid still, all new bushings recently.

I bleed the clutch and then changed out the slave and re bleed the system.

I didnt check the fork at all when I was there but that's where I'm going next.

I pulled the inspection pan and it had some metal shavings in the bottom but the flywheel looked good.

What should I look at before I pull the tranny? I would like to get it moved without a trailer and I need it moved soon. Any and all help advice is very appreciated.

1200 mile old Sach clutch
Working...
X