Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restored Startecs

Sup dudes,

I set some time aside last week to restore these bad boys.

I started with a 2 part clear, UV resistant epoxy over the cracks to fill them and then began sanding down the lights. After I hit 800 grit wetsanding I sprayed 5 coats of clear and then wetsanded that to 6000 grit followed by some compound.

The cracks on the front are still visible if you look closely for them and the ones on the side are visible but they look mint when mounted on the car, most importantly, these do not leak or hold water and are structurally sound.

I'm thinking $850 shipped to the continental US. I'm not really trying to trade unless it's for square headlights or other collectible items but my DMs are always open so all serious offers are welcome

Thanks guys

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Hmm those looks nice but also significantly less pink than what I'm used to...

And $850 is a lot of sets of normal tails :?

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
      Hmm those looks nice but also significantly less pink than what I'm used to...

And $850 is a lot of sets of normal tails :?
      No worries bro I get it.

Startecs are just getting rarer and rarer which is driving the price up.

I'm actually going to be fixing up a set of pinks in a month or so, if you wanna DM me for details about those feel free. Otherwise have a good day :)

Comment

I wouldn't say they are "normal lights."

They're absolutely gorgeous. And well worth the money. Price is only going up.
        e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

There's a smoked set and that pink set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

somewhat interested. I didn't realize there was no bulb holder for rear fogs though...
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
              somewhat interested. I didn't realize there was no bulb holder for rear fogs though...
              Lemme know my man

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
                I wouldn't say they are "normal lights."

They're absolutely gorgeous. And well worth the money. Price is only going up.
                Thanks homie! Always appreciate the kind words. No doubt you're right about value only going up

Comment

Sell them on s14.net r3v members are broke.
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I’m a bit new to E30s so can someone explain why they are so rare/valuable.

Comment

Oh no.. it's the #FUCKR3v guy LOL. Motion to ban

Comment

Originally posted by FrictionTape View Post

They are super limited now, supply is low. Demand is very high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by FrictionTape View Post
                          They stopped making them long ago, so what's left is what's left. Many have accumulated defects by now so perfect sets are hard to come by. Low supply, relatively high demand mean that prices go up. To those that don't care for them the price may seem ridiculous but those who do often pay $500-1300 for a set depending on condition.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                          X