Need help with transmission pieces!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with transmission pieces!

Hey everyone. Getting pretty close to getting everything finalized on my swap, but running into a big issue with the transmission pieces I have selected. To give some background, i'm running a 6speed transmission with an M60 motor. I purchased an OEM shift arm for an E39 540 (transmission came from a 2000 540i), then I purchased the E60 shift lever for a bit of a short throw and the UUC double sheer selector rod.

Now i'm starting to realize that it may have been money down the drain as the pieces do not work due to how big the transmission is, how big the 540 guibo is, and how close it is to the tunnel.

My question is what did everyone here use to successfully get this all to work? Would an OEM selector rod and stock height (non-short throw) shift lever work for my situation?

Edit, I understand that even OEM pieces will need to be cut and modified. Asking since the OEM selector rod already has a bend in it, assuming to clear the guibo.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Originally posted by 36brua
    Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
    Patryk:up:
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ
Working...
X