1988 BMW e30 Convertible - Seattle area - PRICE REDUCED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 BMW e30 Convertible - Seattle area - PRICE REDUCED

Medical bills force sale of my 1988 convertible. I am still trying to pay off my cancer treatment bills.

It is a good car and was to be the foundation of a show car. I had collected about $15k in swap parts and upgrades, but now most of it is gone and it is time for me to list the car.

I have owned about 13 years and have put about 38k miles on it in that time. It has about 132k miles on it now. It has mostly been a fair-weather car and always parked in the garage. I have probably put less than a 1000 miles on it in the last two years.

Starting with the good, this car runs and drives like a dream. The motor is strong, runs a Mark D 91 octane chip. I added a Strömung catback, which I can’t say enough good things about. Quiet and unassuming at idle, nice sound in the middle, and screams a bit at the top end. No rasp. If you are considering one, it is well worth the money.

For the suspension, it has Bilstein struts and H&R Sport springs. (I have the original springs if desired) It has 18-inch wheels on H&R spacers. The tires are in great shape. I have had the suspension for a while, but there is not a lot of miles on it. The fenders are rolled and the tires fit in there nicely. For the most part, no rubbing. You have to hit something pretty hard and fast before they will rub.

It has original Startec smoked tails I bought from AC Nico back in the day. They are a bit purple, but a favorite of mine for sure. I also added the Zender rear spoiler with 3rd brake light. The finish line flag on the driver’s front is an emblem set and could be taken off if desired.

The body is in pretty good shape, nice shine. A few little door dings, but nothing too bad. The interior is a fair shape. The carpets and panels are all in pretty good shape. The Black leather interior is definitely worn, but still comfortable.

There are a bunch of little issues I have not gotten around to and may still work on if it does not sell right away. It needs brake pads all around. The rotors look ok, but it is time for pads. I never did them because I had big brakes to put on. Like most central locking systems, mine can be a little weird some times. It likes to close on its own now and again. It is in the trunk for sure, but I have not had time to find the short. There are a couple of sensor lights with a short I have not gotten around to checking, the water temp and the washer fluid. It may just be the sensors.
    So, the convertible top. It is an interesting story. I never used the top. Maybe for a couple of months when I first bought it, after that, it was either down or I had my hard top on. The top itself is in great shape, except for the rear window. I pulled it out for the first time a couple years back and the window had come unsewn. Not ripped, just unstitched from no use I guess. The window had a permanent crease in it, so I took it out carefully unstitching the rest. I was told that since the top was undamaged, I could just get some new plastic sewn in. But then I saw I could get a new top for cheap, I considered doing that. In the end I didn’t do either, because I still wasn’t using it. The top is in great shape and could be repaired.

I am not sure what it will sell for, but it is the time to buy, so I am hoping I get $6k. Now reduced to $4400. At that price, I have some things I can throw in with it. Things like oil filters, light dimmer mod that I didn’t install, and I have all beatification pieces that go where the hard top connects. Probably $60-$70 worth of pieces all still in the factory plastic. Some other things as well.

You can find some pictures here:

I am a couple hours north of Seattle in case you are wondering. PM me if you interested. I will send the VIN if anyone wants it. It has a clean title.
    Last edited by KeeperJones; 09-17-2017, 07:30 PM.

price reduced

Comment

Beautiful car. I'm a fan of 325IC and I own one. I would buy this car if I have space. I hope that your recovery is going well. GLWS.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
        Beautiful car. I'm a fan of 325IC and I own one. I would buy this car if I have space. I hope that your recovery is going well. GLWS.

I appreciate it. I reduced it one more time.

Comment

price reduced

Comment

Pm'd

Comment

price reduced

Comment

price reduced again

Comment

Working...
                X