No announcement yet.

Deep Web/Bitcoin Mining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty old thread but, how is everyone doing these days where bitcoin is upwards of $4600 and other coins doing well like Eth and LC.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

My brother and I turned $2,000 Into $19,700 a few weeks back on the 0x ICO. Got out at the perfect time as it tanked shortly after
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

These last few weeks are a pretty good example of why it will never be a viable currency.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

So....we gonna pop $10k....

Man shoulda got in back in aught-twelve....
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
            So....we gonna pop $10k....

Man shoulda got in back in aught-twelve....
            tried to tell y'all
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              These last few weeks are a pretty good example of why it will never be a viable currency.
              It's also a great example of why any good portfolio should heavily favor medium risk investments, but also have a certain amount allocated for risky endeavors you're not afraid to lose.

Comment

I really wish I could make sense of this stuff, I have money I would like to invest and a desperate need for income. Seems like you really need to understand both computers and investing to get in. I have yet to find anything breaking it down into layman's terms.
                sigpic
                1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Define "really need to understand computers". If you can install software and follow youtube videos, you can relatively safely purchase and secure your purchases. Learn about wallets, learn the do's and don'ts of purchasing, learn about two factor authentication and finally invest in a hardware wallet for long term safe storage.

This should provide anyone all they need to get into it. It seems like a lot of information, because it is. It's all plainly laid out, as well as easy to understand. If you still think it's too complicated and you need a computer science degree, it's because you're too lazy to read.

Comment

I made 10k with ethereum in the last year. Thinking about mining some of the smaller tokens

I think it's pretty hard to lose money with crypto currency right now..

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                      I made 10k with ethereum in the last year. Thinking about mining some of the smaller tokens

I think it's pretty hard to lose money with crypto currency right now..
                      Yeah, I was eyeballing others coz if there's a set amount, any investment will grow as people get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                        Define "really need to understand computers". If you can install software and follow youtube videos, you can relatively safely purchase and secure your purchases. Learn about wallets, learn the do's and don'ts of purchasing, learn about two factor authentication and finally invest in a hardware wallet for long term safe storage.

This should provide anyone all they need to get into it. It seems like a lot of information, because it is. It's all plainly laid out, as well as easy to understand. If you still think it's too complicated and you need a computer science degree, it's because you're too lazy to read.

I'm just not good with computers, like, at all, they are the bane of my existence. Despite 20+ years of daily computer use I can barely operate a smartphone.

I read up on Bitcoin and cryptocurrency a lot several years ago when I first heard of it, but I have some cognitive issues, so it's often hard for me to wrap my head around complex concepts. I'll check out the link that you posted. (Little bit of a harsh 'tude for a Canadian, eh?)

A stranger on Reddit gave me like 35 cents in Bitcoin several years ago while trying to explain to me how it works, I look today and it is now worth $54. If I had been smart enough to dump all of my savings into it right then I would legit be rich right now, like enough money to not really have to worry about survival ever again.
                        sigpic
                        1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Just FYI, I wasn't suggesting you were too lazy to read what I'd provide, but speaking generally that people often make excuses for things they don't take the time to learn. If you've got things holding you back, sorry for the comment, not my intent.

There are exchanges that offer to both sell, and secure your purchases if you want to go the simple route. Some of the bigger ones are trustworthy, but the bigger issue is not trust but security. I'd advise against using their offered wallets, but if it's all you can do I suggest small so if it goes bad it's not the end of the world.

Hindsight, it's a bitch. Check out the story of two btc owners agreeing on the sale of two pizzas back in 2010. 10,000btc for two pizzas, equivalent to over $100mil as of today.

Comment

Ah, my old thread. Couldn't agree more, hindsight is a bitch.

Back when I made this thread my buddy and I were mining dozens of these a month. We were beyond careless with them being that they were $30-$70 at the time.

I used to bet a lot with them since you couldn't do shit else but buy drugs at the time. I'd consistently have 20+ bitcoin in play at any given time. On bullshit too like cricket, downhill skiing, Japanese basketball/baseball matches, 10 game MLB parlays, etc. Looking back I can't believe I bet $50,000 on a Dota match between USA & China.

Still have a couple, but definitely could have been a millionaire right now.

Comment

Holy shit. Logged in this morning to 11,300.

I've made ~$15 in two days lol.

Comment

I got into BTC, LTC and ETH about 6 weeks ago, just shy of doubling my money as of this morning. Not too shabby.

I believe that crypto is going to become a powerhouse in emerging markets and/or those where fiat currency has become hyper inflated and/or destabilized. I was just reading the other day about migrants from African nations are sending more crypto home than any other currency. Venezuelans are adopting it as well.

Regarding the long term viability of crypto, I think we're just at the tip of the iceberg (similar to the internet in '98ish).

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X