Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block:

Crank:

They even put in new freeze plugs and painted the block. Really happy with the work they put into it. It did take them 6 business days where usually they turn work around in 1-2, but still.

Comment

Ordered the stuff I need to get the bottom end together. I'm holding off on the top end till I can better afford the camshaft I want.

Comment

Sold a guitar today, so I ordered the correct camshaft, and I'm going to pick up a B&M shifter in a bit.

Comment

Here's the shifter, ratcheting B&M, got it for $160.

Comment

Picked up a Z3 2.7 lock to lock steering rack today.

Comment

Camshaft kit shipped today, and I ordered a 2600 stall converter. Hopefully that's all the stall I'll need, but we'll see. Glad the cam shipped already, need to figure out what machining needs to be done to the spring perches so I can get the heads sorted quickly.

Comment

My cam kit was supposedly delivered today but it's nowhere to be found... Thanks FedEx...

Comment

Camshaft kit showed up mysteriously this morning. Wasn't there when I got home last night, but leaving at 7am it was leaned up against my door... Must have been misdelivered, but lame they waited so long to drop it off.

Comment

Oh yes.

Need to find some time to start assembling the motor and modifying the oil pan.

Comment

Installed an intake and exhaust valve to see what I'd be looking at, if any work would need to be done to the head... Now I have more questions than answers

Does anyone know about cam swapping with GT40/GT40P heads? I have many questions.

Comment

Ordered new exhaust valves to deal with the difference in installed spring height from the stock exhaust valves:

Alex's Parts Specializes in: Valve Spring Kits for GT40, GT40P, LT1, Vortec, LS1 Valve Spring Kits, Beehive Springs, Valve locks and Viton Valve Seals.

Comment

Not a lot done today, but I did put the 302 back up on my engine stand today. Too busy working on my 95 Subaru Legacy to get to my BMW.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing this thing get built and go in. I've always wanted to LS swap but it's not too hard to build a stroked 302 that makes stock LS6 power and waaay cheaper.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Been pretty motivated to clear my schedule so I can work on this thing. Chipping away, just take on too many projects...

Comment

Started building the bottom end.

Cleaned up the pistons.

Plastigaged the crank, everything within spec. Installed the crank with plenty of lube.

Got most of the pistons in, ran into an issue with cylinder 7. Accidentally installed its cap on cylinder 2, didn't fit right, locked up the crank, realized my error (my 7 looked sort of like a 2), and got the right cap. I think that bent the #7 cap, it's noticeably not flat when compared to a straight edge... I'll see if my machine shop can fix it, if not I have to replace the entire rod, because they're matched up together...

So that's where it sits for now. I also need to have my machine shop machine the spring perches to fit the new dual springs. I'll probably get a quote for that while seeing if they can fix the rod.

edit: a replacement rod is $25 on RockAuto, I'll just grab a new rod...

Comment

Working...
                                X