Vredestein Sportrac 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vredestein Sportrac 5

I'd like to use my basket weaves for autox events rather than them sitting in my basement.. anyone heard of these tires? They happen to be the only stock tire size for our cars listed on tirerack.

Says they're a summer tire with a 300 treadwear rating. Looks like they're popular in the UK. Anyone have an opinion?

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    I'd like to use my basket weaves for autox events rather than them sitting in my basement.. anyone heard of these tires? They happen to be the only stock tire size for our cars listed on tirerack.

Says they're a summer tire with a 300 treadwear rating. Looks like they're popular in the UK. Anyone have an opinion?
    Did you end up going with these? I'm looking at them too. They are strictly a summer tire though and cannot even be stored in places where the temperature reaches 20F or below. So be careful

Comment

^ No, they can be stored there, they just need to be allowed to reach warmer temps slowly. Ie, leave them in the basement until the warmer months rather than throwing them on the car. Tbh I wouldn't doubt if most summer tires are like that, and this manufacturer is for some reason including all the fine print in their spec sheet.

I haven't gotten them yet but prob will because it means I don't have to buy a set of 15's for autox

...but I'll probably get bored of these and wonder what 15's would feel like anyway

Comment

Meh, don't waste your time. A lot of vintage guys used to use Vredesteins instead of Dunlop race tires and they're not great for road or competition use. They were hard, noisy, and not sticky at all. Maybe they've changed since then, but they weren't great.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
          Meh, don't waste your time. A lot of vintage guys used to use Vredesteins instead of Dunlop race tires and they're not great for road or competition use. They were hard, noisy, and not sticky at all. Maybe they've changed since then, but they weren't great.
          Thanks for the tip! I want a set of 15's anyway :P

Comment

Haha, fair enough
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
              any suggestions for a 14 inch basket weave? I am struggling to find anything for my e30 :/ Honestly looking for more of a budget tire and would prefer to be able to keep them on the car in cold weather. It's not my daily, but I anticipate needing to drive the e30 when I have my e46 down for extensive repairs.

Just popped a tire so I am officially in need.

Comment

Working...
              X