Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fs 1989 e30 m3

sold, please delete
    Hi, I am putting up for sale my 1989 E30 M3.
    I purchased this car around 2 years ago from Texas (i flew there and drove it back). This was my dream car since i was 9 years old and initially i decided that i was never going to sell this car until the day i died and use it as my coffin. However, as i got older, i have decided this car was just too much for me and my lifestyle and due to my current financial situation, i have made up my decision to sell it. I am not in a rush to sell the car.
    The car is a REBUILT/SALVAGE title according to carfax, and clean according to my pink slip. and has quite a lot of mileage, however, it underwent an engine swap from the original s14 to the newer s52 from an e36 m3 by a previous owner(the engine cover is not from the original engine). The engine is also rebuilt and has custom manifolds and a mass air intake. The mileage on the body is around 180k and the mileage on the engine is around 12,000. During the 2 years i have owned this car, there has never been any mechanical issues. It also got repainted 3 months ago to BMW A32 Sepang Bronze Metallic. It is a very uncommon color but it looks quite amazing, especially in person. The body and frame is straight, although there are a few minor imperfections. Most of the modifications were done by the previous owner. There were 7 owners total. All i really did was paint it. Located in the orange county/LA area. Price: sold

- Ground Control coilovers all around
    - Working ac/heat
    - Racing Dynamics Wheels with Dunlop Direzza tires with 60% tread
    - Recaro SRDs
    - Short shifter with ZHP knob
    - Full polyurethane bushings
    - no rear seat, but if you want one, i can acquire one and install it.
    - car runs and pulls strong
    - UNCRACKED DASH!!

pics of the car

any questions, ask here or pm. serious buyers only plz.
    Last edited by TiMPower; 10-27-2017, 12:09 PM.

Good looking color!

Comment

thanks!

Comment

price lowered to 30k

Comment

Trade for a touring? Lol

Comment

are e30 m3s going out of trend? or is mine just ugly?

Comment

Painting it and putting in the s52 ruined the car as a collectors item. I think it is beautiful, really interesting car as it sits. But the big money goes to original cars.
              You really are gonna have a tough time getting the big bucks for it. The people who have the money for this do not want it messed with. I am guessing it takes a while to sell. Good luck though!

Comment

It's all personal preference.... some people want swapped E30 M3's as they feel the S14 is under powered and too much money to maintain.... and some don't.

But... really?

IMO, you shouldn't attack a person for posting their opinion on a BMW forum that is 50% that.... people's own accounts and opinions.

Originally posted by Ygtbsm1969
                I took it in for alignment and a once over to check my work. I had been in waiting room 2 hours and decided to walk back and check if everything was good.
                This is what a swapped e30 m3 will do to even a BMW mechanic.

Work got done very slow that day.

They even pointed out a few things I needed to look at and ow BMW due to the swap being OEM e46 and OEM e30 all bmw parts no mods would work on it no question asked. I reall cant immagine paying someone to do what I can but hey if the dealer will fix my 400hp m3 that gets 20mpg and has OBD2 were is the downside.

Owe take it back to a s14 brag its original and get beat by a honda civic off the line.

Screw all haters you just wish you had one

Collectors cars low milage are what 1% what about the other 99% a good solid swapped driver is worth more than most originals, not the 1% but hey I also didnt pay 150g. Owe and yes I can drive it and i can find parts.

Comment

Yes, I agree....but two wrongs don't make a right, is all that I am saying.

Comment

The OP ASKED for input, @mrdeezy gave his input in a respectful way.

Ygtbsm1969 - Your rambling, borderline incoherent posts were way more agro in nature.

MrDeezy was bang on, that car in the OP is too personalized and will have a VERY narrow selling appeal. Its going to take a while to find someone who wants "that specific" car.
                    If the car was stock,,, it would have sold already.
                    Its sort of hard to believe you cannot see that, but then again after reading your posts,,, maybe its not so hard,
                    And no Swap cars are NOT as valuable as stock cars.

Your rantings were,,, not bang on at all,,, and way more clouded by an obvious swap fanboi.

And no,,, there is not a single day I have ever woken up "wishing" I had a swapped E30 M3.
                    That "my" opinion...
                    Last edited by JimmyP; 08-15-2017, 10:55 AM.
                    Jimmy P.
                    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                    92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                    98 318Ti Morea Green
                    04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

I was going to leave this alone since it's a sale ad but since the seller asked... I think the market has cooled a bit for the typical drivers car. This one being swapped AND a wild modern color has just narrowed potential buyers down considerably. Depending on how bad you want to move it...you'll probably have to lower the price until it sells.

Ygtbsm1969, I think you've gotten your point across. I will just say this, both of my M3's are modified with S14's the old school way as they are old school cars. Parts are available and they are easy to work on if you are interested. For those uninterested, the S50 swap fits the bill as it's a lower maintenance engine with more power right out of the box. S54 maintenance is likely higher than S14 given it has more cylinders and is more complex. I was going to euro S50B32 swap in 2001 but changed my mind because I realized the car would be worth more someday with it's original engine and one could always swap in the latest engine at any time as they are mass produced. They just get cheaper over time, the S14 will not. My solution is to S50/S52 turbo swap a regular E30 and get the same if not better performance while having more of a sleeper without "ruining" a special car. To me, that's a win-win all around with no downside.
                      Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-15-2017, 11:52 AM.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Avg selling price for a swapped E30 M3 ~$20-30k, avg price for a S14 M3 $30k+
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                          The OP ASKED for input, @mrdeezy gave his input in a respectful way.

Ygtbsm1969 - Your rambling, borderline incoherent posts were way more agro in nature.

MrDeezy was bang on, that car in the OP is too personalized and will have a VERY narrow selling appeal. Its going to take a while to find someone who wants "that specific" car.
                          If the car was stock,,, it would have sold already.
                          Its sort of hard to believe you cannot see that, but then again after reading your posts,,, maybe its not so hard,
                          And no Swap cars are NOT as valuable as stock cars.

Your rantings were,,, not bang on at all,,, and way more clouded by an obvious swap fanboi.

And no,,, there is not a single day I have ever woken up "wishing" I had a swapped E30 M3.
                          That "my" opinion...
                          Me neither. I don't own classics (especially E30 M3) to beat new cars off the line at a stop light lol.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by Ygtbsm1969
                            The Moron that made the comment maybe I was to easy, idiot, retard, adolessant, probable works at blakes flipping burgers doesnt have a ged and drives a beat up vw. But he can come on here in one post and insult a e30 m3 owner. Defend him and Ill tell you were to go too!
                            Quoted for irony.

Also, cool your jets pal.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

^^ Hahahaha love it.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                              X